How did you get into Metal?

ohhh... man... again... ok, in short... Def Leppard, Bon Jovi... a little later Venom, Mercyful Fate, Metallica... it was at '86...

Activly started to listen to rock/metal with Kiss around 1980. Motley Crue and glam rock was a favorite until I started getting into metallica, megadeth and anthrax around '86-'87. I started playing guitar in '90 and at the same time I started listening to alot older stuff like Zeppelin, Sabbath etc. I co-produced Ancients Trolltaar EP in '94/'95, and that was pretty much how I got into Black Metal

Originally posted by Eldzik
ohhh... man... again... ok, in short... Def Leppard, Bon Jovi... a little later Venom, Mercyful Fate, Metallica... it was at '86...

Well, soon or later thread repeat on other forums...
Remember, not every person on this board visit the same boards we both do ;)

Hehe, Bon Jovi crossed my way too, also Metallica and all those other bands...
And even if I'm not listening to them these days much anymore, they still rock on stage... Very rare you find bands who are able to do a 2 1/2 - 3 hour show with such an power...

Originally posted by Morgana

Well, soon or later thread repeat on other forums...
Remember, not every person on this board visit the same boards we both do ;)

hehehe.... that's right:D anyway, new thread was good idea, because the last days Lunaris forum was dead... :(

Enter Chaos thread - hehehe... but seriously... i dont know... "the best gig i seen ever"? "bands resemble to Lunaris"? "my favourite dish"?

Originally posted by Eldzik
Enter Chaos thread - hehehe... but seriously... i dont know... "the best gig i seen ever"? "bands resemble to Lunaris"? "my favourite dish"?

On gigs I have seen many brilliant ones, but Balingen's "Bang Your Head" 2001 is the one, which stays forever in memories, at the end of the festival, you heard over 12.000 people singing together in the rain without music, I mean singing everywhere, festival area, press tent (people standing on chairs and tables), vip tent, camping site, on the roads around...

hmmmm... hard choice... if we speak about set... it was Cradle Of Flith. i don't like this band, but they gig was fucking great. good gigs was also performed by Emperor, Amorphis, Opeth, Katatonia, COB, Trauma...
but if we speak about memories... it was Dying Art Festival, because i become acquainted with Martex :D she played wit old band... yeah, it was great festival... sun, sea, friends, beer and music as background ;)

My first metal bands were Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot, later Metallica "Master of Puppets" got me into Thrash Metal and later Immortal "Battles in the North" got me into Black Metal.

at 16, Screaming for Vengeance, then Defenders of the Faith. went to the roots of metal since then. (Trad. metal)
at 20, had a radio show in college. Helloween and metallica (mop) got me into thrash+speed. Crimson Glory and dream theater (the debut was really confusing to me until a year later).
at 27, death and bolt thrower--the death march began
at 30, emperor, then all things black and norwegian.

I got into metal when an old calssmate of mine gave me a demo tape of a brutal death/grind band from my town. I hadn't heard any death metal before, well not even much 'normal' metal. But I loved it. After that I got myself into bands like Anathema, My Dying Bride, Wolverine (which just released their debut back then. they are now signed to The End too, you must check them out!!), Morbid Angel, etc........that was only three years ago. Nowadays I prefer heavy stuff mixed with progressive influences like Solefald, Borknagar, later Emperor, new Enslaved and of course now also Lunaris :p

I really can't await the album...I hope I'll get it quickly after the official release date....

I grew up with KISS, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Venom, Slayer, Metallica, Kreator, Bathory, Coroner, Celtic Frost, Judas Priest. I then ran from the '80's and spent most of my time exploring music from the '60's and '70's. Tries to block out Warrant's "Cherry Pie" :lol:

I grew up on Kiss, Iron Maiden and such bands in the middle of 80s thanks to my older bro ;) and a few years after I started to listen to metal on my onw.. with bands like Guns n Roses and AC/DC... etc and now I'm posting on the Lunais board :lol:

I used to like all the hair band shit:Bon Jovi, Crue, Poison, GNR. I still like old Def Leppard. The first "real" metal band I liked was Anthrax. I had to run out & buy State of Euphoria after seeing the "Antisocial" video on Headbanger's Ball in '88.

ok it was started when i was about 13 years..before i have listened only pop and techno. then i heared stratovarius "black diamond" and then its started..stratovarius to dimmu..heavier and heavier!!!
now i listen allkind of metal..but no more stratovarius..and no power/speed metal... =)