How did you get into music?

suwat666

Byah!
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago-Suburbs
www.last.fm
-I remember when I was a youngin' back in the day I recall listening to rap and hip-hop on the radio.

-A few years passed by; I remember a nice summer day I was swimming at the town pool and heard Weezer's "Buddy Holly" playing, I was instantly hooked into the alternative genre.

-Now when during the time I was in middle school I recall flipping through the channels on tv at home. I flipped to mtv and saw Metallica performing "Enter Sandman" on an award show, I was totally blown away. That's how my metal journey began, now let's hear your story =)

I've been into metal for a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time. Prob from age 6ish or so, had older cousins who introduced me to Metallica, Slayer, Sacred Reich, Flotsam and Jetsam, etc,etc,etc.

Nick

I got into Korn and those types of bands (nu-metal) around sixth grade with my best friend (still best friends), of our own accord. From there it was Lamb of God around 8th grade, into freshman year of high school. Sophomore year we got into In Flames (Colony, not STYE or R2R, thank god), and from them I went into melodeath and my friend went into more thrashy and death metal type stuff. There were other smaller bands and albums, but those are what really stick out to me.

I am grateful though, that's how I found my favorite band, these golden Gods, Dark Tranquillity. They've been my favorite since then, so a bit over two years (Character was my first album). After melodeath I got into Black metal, pretty much explored all I felt that genre had to offer, and now I'm focusing in on tech death and brutal death, like Necrophagist and Behemoth, respectively. That, and I have lost my musical pretension as I have gotten older, so I also dabble in a bit of whatever I want.

hmmm...i remeber when i didn't had limewire,didn't know how to dowload,haha,asked people at msn that i knew pretty much to send songs of in flames,children of bodom,trivium,bullet for my valentine,ect.

So i just had some songs wich were ''fine'' for me,my father downloaded a discography from bullet for my valentine,and i was very happy,finaly downloaded something! :worship:

...Later i asked my dad if he could download more metal music for me,so i started to download the discography from children of bodom,norther and in flames (first melodic death metal band! :))

...months passed over,and i always has a wierd music taste,i didn't like (melodic) death metal so much,while i enjoyed to listen to morbid angels ''God of emptiness'' or ''Where the slime lives'' also i listend to Carcass ''Heartwork'' and Deaths ''The philosopher''

Like 2 months later i met a guy by a game,he told me about real melodic death metal bands like At the gates or Dark tranquillity,first i didn't enjoyed them,i found them to ''hardcore''. so,i listend alot to melodic death metal,the same guy told me about thrash metal,and since i liked metallica and slayer pretty much,i've downloaded their discography as well(first slayer,then metallica...wierd?:p)

Black metal was always strange me,till i listend to Satyricons ''fuel for hatred'' (not pure black metal) and i got interested in that.

Now i like lots of thrash,death,melodic death,power,heavy and black metal. :lol:

@siren: let it be known that this makes you the ideal partner for both rahvin and me. at some point in our life, we decided that we'd never go out with people who didn't like Auctioned. however, we didn't dare to dream of people who actually started their musical experience with it. :p

@hyena: In respect to the man-hate i expressed not too long ago, i think this is the perfect moment for me to become a lesbian. :p

by music we really meant metal, right?

Middleschool:
Nirvana, Metallica, Creed, Korn, Sevendust, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit

Freshment year High school:
Soil, Dry Cell, Lacuna Coil, Apocalyptica

Sophomore Year High School:
In Flames (Reroute To Remain, STYE, and some Clayman like Bullet Ride)
Killswitch Engage

It was at this point that my music tastes made a drastic change and I will forever be greatful to In Flames for facilitating this change. I had also gotten my hands on Broadband internet and my music library exploded.

Junior and Senior Year High School:
In Flames (Clayman, Colony, Whoracle)
Dark Tranquillity (Damage Done, Haven, Projector)
Underoath, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, God Forbid, Killswitch Engage, It Dies Today, Bury Your Dead, Throwdown, Hopesfall

College:
Dark Tranquillity (Gallery, Minds I)
Draconian, Swallow The Sun, Insomnium, Daylight Dies, Amon Amarth, As Blood Runs Black

Throw some Young Jeezy and Lil Jon in the mix and that's pretty much me.

Ok, I've just decided I will become a gangsta. Maybe we could create and international syndicate? :lol: