how did you guys get into kalmah?

The Prophet

Land Pirate
Aug 5, 2003
Canada
members.msn.com
for me, i found out about them when i was browsing century media's site for new bands to listen to. there was a sample song so i gave it a listen. i was emidiately hooked. they soon became my favorite band and aquired the title of "best band ever" in my books.

I had this list of extreme metal bands bookmarked on my computer for a long period. I forget what the name of the website was called but it had a link to Kalmah. I clicked it and I immediatly went to the download section at the website about 3/4's of a year ago. Now I rarely love bands right off the bat. I usually have to listen to their albums more than once. For Kalmah it was love at first listen. I must've downloaded "Heroes to Us" or "Cloned Insanity", but I am not sure on that one. So now my Kalmah collection is complete and for awhile they were my favorite band to listen to. They still rule though.:headbang:

A friend of mine send me Hades and i loved it. I checked the other samples and the webpages and downloaded the albums. After few listens i went and bought em all. The usual story i belive.

Gin_from_the_bottle said:
a friend who got me into metal in general sent me heritance of berija. now theya re my fav band, i have all albums, and the shirt... so yeah... thats my story

Exact same situation...A friend I knew from the Internet always sent me the best track of the new band he had discovered : this time it was Heritance of Berija. :headbang: Liked it right away...After that I ordered Swamplord on HMV.ca...at a ridicul price..but it was still worth it :Spin: Then I waited anxiously for more albums...

I think I actually found out about them when I was looking for CoB stuff on E-Bay. I checked out the website, listened to the samples, and I think I actually passed on them at first.

Then, later on I found out about Eternal Tears of Sorrow, and that a few guys from that band played with Kalmah. I remembered listening to Kalmah before, but I thought I'd give them another shot. This time I went to Century Media's site and found full songs for Hollow Heart and Principle Hero. I remembered listening to those songs over and over every day, until I finally could order them.

on a non related note:
today when i was on soulseek looking bands that people recommended me, i stumbled upon an artist/band called Tyrävyö. the song names looked as if they were written in Finnish, so i d/led 2 songs Uskoin Niin, and Päivänsäde ja menninkäinen. it reeks like mainstream, but damn i LOVE them. now i gotta get my hands on their cd(s). if anyone has any info on them, that would be greatly appreciated.

Gin_from_the_bottle said:
on a non related note:
today when i was on soulseek looking bands that people recommended me, i stumbled upon an artist/band called Tyrävyö. the song names looked as if they were written in Finnish, so i d/led 2 songs Uskoin Niin, and Päivänsäde ja menninkäinen. it reeks like mainstream, but damn i LOVE them. now i gotta get my hands on their cd(s). if anyone has any info on them, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hehe, Tyrävyö is a finnish somekind of punkrock band that all the little 14 year old girls listen. I used to like them when i was younger and actually i have one cd! The best song of Tyravyö is easily Tuhat Kertaa or 1000 Kertaa. (Means One Thousand Times)

Infernium said:
Hehe, Tyrävyö is a finnish somekind of punkrock band that all the little 14 year old girls listen. I used to like them when i was younger and actually i have one cd! The best song of Tyravyö is easily Tuhat Kertaa or 1000 Kertaa. (Means One Thousand Times)

yeah they sound like a good version of the rasmus or something. hehe.
i only found of their songs on soulseek, gonna look for more. hehe

Infernium said:
Hehe, Tyrävyö is a finnish somekind of punkrock band that all the little 14 year old girls listen.

Ill check em out...But this description ; reminds me a lot of Simple Plan..that comes from Montreal.:ill: I saw them unfortunately at the Warped Tour couple of years ago...it was hilarious : Bunch of young girls in the first rows yelling all the time...and guys at the back of them throwing onstage whatever they could find.

PS But damn...I hate the Rasmus :loco:

PS2 Off topic I know ;)

One day I decided to listen to "Snakenet Metal Radio" in iTunes while I was doing homework. I'm usually not the type of person who listens to Internet Radio alot, usually because I can't skip a song If I dont like it.

Then, "Dance of the water" began to play. I immediatly closed the books and started listening attentively. I was amazed at the flawless integration of guitars and keyboards. When the song was finished, I headed over to this website, where I downloaded all the song samples available. After hearing the samples, I immediatly went to Amazon.com and ordered all 3 albums using a gift certificate I had gotten previously. None of my friends ever heard of Kalmah before either, but after I let them listen to a few of Kalmah's songs on my ipod, they didnt want the music to stop! Even one of my friends who hates metal agreed that Kalmah's music sounds good.

Now Kalmah is one of my favorite bands, and I owe it all to Snakenet Metal Radio deciding to play a Kalmah song during the rare occasion of me listening to Internet Radio.

Imagine if none of us ever got the oppertunity to hear one of Kalmah's songs for the first time! :yow:

i listen to children of bodom, and someone asked somewhere what other bands were similar to them, and someone said Kalmah, so i checked them out and i like them a lot :)

I actually became a fan of Children of Bodom fan because of Kalmah. That's kind of unrelated but both COB and Kalmah are my favorite bands. Usually I don't like bands after just the first listen, but Kalmah was totally different. I have all of the Kalmah albums on CD-R but I am currently looking for a place to buy them (and not on the internet since I don't have a credit card).

Theredintheskyisours said:
I actually became a fan of Children of Bodom fan because of Kalmah. That's kind of unrelated but both COB and Kalmah are my favorite bands. Usually I don't like bands after just the first listen, but Kalmah was totally different. I have all of the Kalmah albums on CD-R but I am currently looking for a place to buy them (and not on the internet since I don't have a credit card).

Use PayPal, it's the best way to buy from the internet without creditcard, or even with cc. Register PayPal account, transfer money from you bank to PayPal account and start internetshopping :)
http://shopping.theendrecords.com/ <- there you can find all Kalmah albums to buy with paypal.

I was looking at the EToS meber biographies and saw that Antti and Pasi were in another band together so i checked'em out and one of my buddies came over with the cd some time later and i have been hooked since