Kalmah - to the gallows

agoracy

The eraser
Oct 26, 2007
Romania
I think this is the best song on their last album... great sound, maybe the best combination of trash/death metal I ever listen! I allways was surprised by the potential of finnish metal, but Kalmah has gained more than respect to me... I listen to this song all the time, great lyrics and great musical arrangement. You guys do rock! I hope that I will have all your albums at the end of the month ( the delivery takes some time, I live in a Romanian swamp:rolleyes:).

Maybe I will see you live, in a concert around here, Altough I don't think you will come in my country soon.

Ah, yes indeed, Finland is a great country...!

I love to the gallows!! It greatly reflects their unique, melodic swamp metal style! So how do you think their new stuff will sound? I have read their studio diary and it says that it will be heavier and more riff-oriented/filled than previous albums! But that the melodies and kalmah sound is not forgotten.I hope its like the black waltz but with some elements of any of their old stuff!

I don't know and i can't imagine how it will sound. I am anxious to see how they will continue this great saga! I bet that it will be surprising, again a good music with the best lyrics they can get...

About "to the gallows" , the message of the lyrics are pretty familiar to me, remember Iron Maiden - hallowed be thy name (and the cradle of filth cover)? The message is the same.. why should you fear death when you can defy her?

Very good song, on of my favorites. And about their new sound I hope they keep using that damn awesome melodies and making it heavier maybe it will be good. Very happy they are not turning into a bunch of sell outs like some other bands that used to be good.