how did you guys get into kalmah?

King Chaos said:
I was downloading songs from Centurymedia.net and I downloaded Principle hero. Then because Swampsong was only £10.00 I bought it and loved it. Reacently I bought Swamplord aswell. Dance of the water is a fantastic track.

Dance of the water is one of my favorite songs :headbang:

I can't remember.
BashHead.gif

Actually my story is a little bit odd. I have a great friend who used to use the alias "Kalma" in Battlefield 1942 and it was based ont he Finnish God or whatever the hell it was, well anyway I typed it on Yahoo with an accidental H at the end.. and the rest is history, the music was exactly what I listen to and boom just kept with em.

ShadowOfFire said:
Actually my story is a little bit odd. I have a great friend who used to use the alias "Kalma" in Battlefield 1942 and it was based ont he Finnish God or whatever the hell it was, well anyway I typed it on Yahoo with an accidental H at the end.. and the rest is history, the music was exactly what I listen to and boom just kept with em.
that's amazing. i guess miricales really do exist.

I got sick of listening to my longtime favorite radio station, it as just a rock station...anyway my taste for music gettin harder to quench. so i was bored and typed in metal music or death metal i cant remember. Uraniummusic.com was there so i clicked it, i thought bingo just waht i wanted. it indeed was what i was looking for, saw a review for a band called "kalmah" was like what the fuck is kalmah. well needless to say i found what was kalmah was by listening to the samples from the kalmah.com and holy fuck did love that shit. took me alittle while to find the albums but i found em. been hooked every since.

Some friend asked me if I had heard of Kalmah when we were talking about melodic death. I said yes, since I had heard a fake song named as a Kalmah song and it was some non-melodic crap. Then he said that the music is very melodic. I got interested again and downloaded a couple of samples from Swampsong. Needless to say, I loved it.

A dear friend from Denmark sent me a copy of "Swamplord" (we are always sending each other tons of stuff as we are cd-holics) and I just loved what I heard! If I really like a band I buy the albums and spread the word, at any rate I ordered Swaplord and Swampsong :)

my story... dunno sure...
but i think it was like this:
my brother looked a lot on amazon and listened to the samples there... so somehow he found kalmah and he went to century media and downloaded prinicple hero few weeks later a friend of mine wanted a mix cd from my brothers music so i told him to make one as i listened to the cd i heard the first tracks and the both last tracks were withering away and principle hero and as i heard the withering away solo i thought "wtf this is fast...." and then principle hero started with this awesome speed and stuff
and yes i downloaded some more stuff and bought they will return and after listening to this i bought swampsong cuz it was the last of the kalmah cds in the music store.... and now swamplord was ordered by my brother as a present cuz i'd broken my leg...
as i told my brother that he listens to very good music he just said "so u listened the whole cd??? i know kalmah rocks" and so i got into kalmah and got all cds.... just the longsleeve has to wait a bit.... i'm currently saving money :D

with P2P, someone shared Hades with the keyword Black metal =)

I know that p2p is bad for the band, but i really think that this is the better way to know a band cuz u have nothing to buy. I think that the file share in the p2p prog should have a less quality than the real cuz that will oblige people who luv a band to buy their CDs :)

A friend of mine sent me the two first They Will Return songs. Unfortunately, just the 1st album was released in Brazil, so I have 2 albums in CD-R...

Satan commanded me to listen to Kalmah.

Actually, I discovered Kalmah through peer to peer.. back in the days of AudioGalaxy, there were groups made for discovering new bands and that is how I encountered them. Since then, I have purchased all 3 of their CDs, plus I bought the longsleeve shirt for 30 Euros. This is why I get mad when I see musicians talking shit abut downloading music... if your music is good, true fans will support it.

well, i was listening to a webradio (rothmetal.com) and then They Will Return went playing, and since then, Kalmah is one of my favs. :headbang: