how did you guys get into kalmah?

Well lets see, I believe it was about three years ago. I had just gotten digital cable and with it came several music stations. The only one that I really listened to was the Metal station even though it plays hardcore and nu metal and all kinds of other shit.

But I just remember hearing a song where there was a solo in the intro, and I was thinking that was insane. Probably because I had just started getting into death/thrash/black/whatever metal and so I made sure to take note of the band. Sure enough it was Kalmah with Dance of the Water.

Ever since then they've been one of my favorite bands.

someone that i talk to made a review with an mp3 that was My Nation linked from Century Media, so i read it, sounded pretty intersting from there so i listened to the song and i was like wow!!
bought Swampsong and i was blowin away

can't wait for the new album guys \m/ keep up the great music you make

\m/ (>.<) \m/

Don't know it exactly anymore. Think it was throug the greetings in cd booklets.
On their Wishmaster album, nightwish sent a greeting to EToS. Then web-searched for it, listen to samples, searched more about EToS and finaly get to Kalmah. Listen again to samples, left it over for about half a year (or so) then listen again -> bought cds (Swamplord and aslo Virgin and a Whore).

freind showed me cob, skyfire, kalmah and sinergy all in one day! and Kalmah came out as the favorite from those. they are just perfect in there cds. Heritence of Berija is my fav song from all there cds so far

Well I was searching bands like old-In flames and I saw in a forum 2 bands : ETOS and Kalmah, The people was discussing which band were better then I Downloaded Alteration and Hades ... :hotjump:
After that I bought all kalmah Cd's. :headbang:

I was looking for some good Melodic music, and a friend reccomended Kalmah when I told him I was listening to a lot of Children Of Bodom.. Personalli I am a fan of Kalmah over Bodom now

This badass kid named Josh (drkluscious) gave me their cds in our English class one day, loved them ever since. Thank you, Josh.

Shreiner said:
This badass kid named Josh (drkluscious) gave me their cds in our English class one day, loved them ever since. Thank you, Josh.

You're very welcome! All I ask is that you do you're part by giving away Kalmah CDs to anyone who you think might be interested in them... It's a shame that such a badass band like Kalmah is still reletevely unheard of to the average death metal fan.

Will, the first time ive listened to Kalmah was in my friend's car!! It was Hades ... I didn't like it pretty much that time .. cuz I use to listen to Metallica and I weren't used to listen to black/death metal stuff ... but after a while I asked my friend about the band and he gave me the name ... and with a lil search ive found the website and bought the CDs online - download -. And I'm telling ya when my friend tell me that he's heard of another black/death metal band I just tell him FUCK IT!! There's no band like KalmaH! He admit that there's no fucknig solo better than KalmaH's. Although Swampsong didn't contain that much of solos but still ... There's ONLY one KalmaH!!
Fav: Hades, Alteration, Hollow Heart, Heroes To Us, Moon of My Nights, ....... it's hard to tell which one is your fav!!

Kalmah does have some sweet solos....but Children of Bodom have better solos than kalmah

Personaly i prefer Kalmah solos over cob. You know, cob are usually faster and more sweepy, but i'm not too big fan of "brainless fast-as-possible" You know, Kalmah solos have the speed but also melody in them. Alltho there are other bands i'd prefer over them both.

i totally agree with infernium about the solo... the cob solos and aswell a lot of other bands solos arejust fast or hard to hit but they sound like they are from a completely other song... they sound kind of misplaced... the kalmah solos just fit the song and this is imo much more important than just a difficult solo... i have no doubt that the kalmah solos are good and i do admire the skill to play such solos aswell as i admire the bass and drums and the vocals... maybe someone could explain how to get these screams and growls... i have no idea how to bring them out...

Destroyer Of Orden said:
I was looking for some good Melodic music, and a friend reccomended Kalmah when I told him I was listening to a lot of Children Of Bodom.. Personalli I am a fan of Kalmah over Bodom now
Same story, except Bodom > Kalmah.

Thru that site Metal Storm, was checking out Norther ratings and it has this text display where it shows similar sounding bands. I clicked Kalmah and and the thing that caught my attention was the album title SWAMPLORD. I knew it had to be good.