How did you get to this point in your life!

Ken Lyall

Mar 31, 2006
Aberfeldy, Perthshire, SCOTLAND
Well!! with opeth.
I came in by accident really, first love (as a 41 year old, 70's sort of guy), Yes, Genesis (I know :lol: ), Rush, Whitesnake, Led Zepplin, Hendrix, AC/DC etc. Stuck in a rut until 5 or so years ago, started to experiment in to modern prog.... Found Flower Kings, IQ etc. By chance found bands like Porupine Tree, Isis, Symphony X, Sonata Artica, Nighwish, Anathema, Riverside, Dream Theatre, wow I was starting to feel young again.
Through PT having Mr Wilson as a producer of Opeth, tried 'Ghost R.' fantastic.:headbang:

Pivitol albums in the last few years for me are definately
Dream Theatre 'scenes.....',
PT 'In Absentia' and
Opeth 'Ghost.'
As a new member, this has probabily all been discussed before, but please humour me! I am just a simple lad from the middle of a wee country, all be it a great one :oops:
Ken

Aye you get some cunts who will be like ' who is this n00b' Being cunts all the time etc etc....(to be honest i can be one of them) But its good too have older and wiser members on the board because they generally have a better out look on things. Welcome.

Ken Lyall said:
Well!! with opeth.
I came in by accident really, first love (as a 41 year old, 70's sort of guy), Yes, Genesis (I know :lol: ), Rush, Whitesnake, Led Zepplin, Hendrix, AC/DC etc. Stuck in a rut until 5 or so years ago, started to experiment in to modern prog.... Found Flower Kings, IQ etc. By chance found bands like Porupine Tree, Isis, Symphony X, Sonata Artica, Nighwish, Anathema, Riverside, Dream Theatre, wow I was starting to feel young again.
Through PT having Mr Wilson as a producer of Opeth, tried 'Ghost R.' fantastic.:headbang:

Pivitol albums in the last few years for me are definately
Dream Theatre 'scenes.....',
PT 'In Absentia' and
Opeth 'Ghost.'
As a new member, this has probabily all been discussed before, but please humour me! I am just a simple lad from the middle of a wee country, all be it a great one :oops:
Ken

Finally someone over 35 to chat with! I heard Opeth last year, and have seen them 6 times and they are even more amazing live!

I got good grades in highschool :dopey:

One day I thought: "theoretically, music COULD be creative"
Then I journeyed the vast lands (of the internet) and found the holy grail (Opeth)

Please be careful, looks are not every thing, but they sure do help. Getting older, more wrinkles, fatter belly, and that is just your cock. What about the wife. Love prevails- hopefully!!
I am tired of hearing _ you loved me for what I am. Shit, I loved what I saw and what you were. Would you have loved me, or even gone out with me if I had been fat and a slob!
Sorry not fattist, or anything else, just pissed off!!!!:puke:

In answer to the thread title:

The mummy daddy dance. Or so I am told!

But seriously, being young I unfortunatly got into good music through very bad music. But I still appreciate nearly all the bands that got me here. Nearly.

Ken Lyall said:
Please be careful, looks are not every thing, but they sure do help. Getting older, more wrinkles, fatter belly, and that is just your cock. What about the wife. Love prevails- hopefully!!
I am tired of hearing _ you loved me for what I am. Shit, I loved what I saw and what you were. Would you have loved me, or even gone out with me if I had been fat and a slob!
Sorry not fattist, or anything else, just pissed off!!!!:puke:
LOL