how did you guys get into kalmah?

i listen to children of bodom, and someone asked somewhere what other bands were similar to them, and someone said Kalmah, so i checked them out and i like them a lot :)

Something like that happened to me. I downloaded a song with several band names, including Kalmah, Children of Bodom, and Cradle of Filth. I downloaded the song and it turned out to be Kalmah, since then I've been into them.

About a year ago, my friend was told about Kalmah by someone, and he showed me Heroes to Us and Withering Away.
Of course,I fell in love with those songs and download the album (Swampsong) .
At the first few times I heard it it was good, but not great and then after a few more times it just sounded so fucking good, I downloaded their discography and heard it.
And after I got some money I bought "The Black Waltz" and "Swampsong" and I am soon buying that pack with "Swamplord" & "They Will Return".

So this is my story, oh, and is there any bonuses in that pack ? and also it is the two CD's just together right?

About a year ago, my friend was told about Kalmah by someone, and he showed me Heroes to Us and Withering Away.
Of course,I fell in love with those songs and download the album (Swampsong) .
At the first few times I heard it it was good, but not great and then after a few more times it just sounded so fucking good, I downloaded their discography and heard it.
And after I got some money I bought "The Black Waltz" and "Swampsong" and I am soon buying that pack with "Swamplord" & "They Will Return".

So this is my story, oh, and is there any bonuses in that pack ? and also it is the two CD's just together right?

2 [i think] extra songs

After getting into Children of Bodom in late 2005, I started looking into melodic metal bands. I found Wintersun in early '06, and from there, I found Kalmah after looking through lists of melodic death metal bands (which IMO, Wintersun doesn't fit - Kalmah strikes me as melodic death only on the new album). I got a copy of Swamplord, and wtf'd at "Evil In You"; at that point, Kalmah became one of my favorite melodic metal bands of all time.

Well i cant remember how i ofund em exactly but first song i heard was cloned insanity and hades. when i heard them i had two words on my mind, Fucking Awesome. now hades is one of my favorite songs to play atthe guitar and kalmah is my favorite bands.

Around 04 I think, i was really getting into all sorts of metal, being a Huge fan of In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and such I started looking for more bands....Someone told me about Kalmah and said they sound like Bodom, and at that point bodom were awesome(not anymore : P) So I got excited, I don't think I've ever heard another band like bodom. So I bought Swampsong in Tower Records here in Ny and Fell In love. I still don't own the others cuz its so hard to find there albums anywhere, So i def gotta order the other 3, Have had them on my computer for years now, I've been listening to all 4 albums the past week alot. \m/ Norther are another great band, well there first 2 or 3 were now there like COB and bore me.

I've been into Kalmah for a grand total of about a week now, and god damn !!

I just clicked on the link from someone's sig in another forum, bought "Black Waltz" and have been listening to it on repeat since :headbang::cool:

I bought Bodom's "Follow the Reaper" at my local FYE, and soon after that became hooked to anything with fast guitar's and keyboards!
I found Kalmah on Amazon browsing COB's similar artist's. Bought all 4 albums immediately! Best $60.00 of my life!

Got into Kalmah through a friend.

Was in a local CD shop and he walked up and gave me an unsorted burnt copy of Swampsong to listen to -saying it was the most amazing album he had ever heard.

Next day, after listening to it, went and ordered it and everything else from Kalmah that I could.:headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass:

idk if anyone remembers them satelite channel that were just a black screen with the name of the artist/song/album floating around...anyway spring 2002 i heard "dance of the water" on that channel and thought it was very different from everything else at the time, went out and found "swamplord" in may and my jaw dropped 10 secs into the first track. no band has been able to repeat that effect since except for kalmah with each passing album. in february 2006 i made the trek from canada to finland to see them play live in their hometown and it was definately one of the most memorable experiences so far, and now the bastards are crossing the pond to play over here..

I bought "Swamplord" to see what all of the fuss was about like last week. Ripped it on my computer, started to do some homework. Right after the drum solo, I closed my books, and listened for 36 minutes straight in complete shock. It's such a great album.

Well, my situation was pretty trivial. Kalmah personally called me out of nowhere and asked if I want to hear their stuff. "Sure" - so I said. They've put amps to over the phone and started playing. "You should write an album out of that" - I said. So they did.

P.S. I still don't know where the hell did they get my phone number from. Even Interpol, FBI and FSB can't get it still. But Kalmah did. The true swamplords always know how to get people deep from under the ground.