How do you add tags/info on the tracks?

EmilDelaRosa

New Metal Member
Jul 20, 2011
So I'm almost done with this album and I need to burn the final copies. I'm just curious because I might be doing it wrong. What I do before is use the mp3tag software lol and I'm wondering if there's a legit way to add tags on songs? How do?

This should be done with software that has a mastering suite. I use Studio One to do all that stuff when i'm inputting tags/ isrc codes etc :)

Awesome thanks! So do you master inside s1 as well? I mean do you process the mix itself in s1?

So I'm almost done with this album and I need to burn the final copies. I'm just curious because I might be doing it wrong. What I do before is use the mp3tag software lol and I'm wondering if there's a legit way to add tags on songs? How do?

Please use wav or aiff lossless to burn your masters. .. not mp3's

Here's a good tagger for lossy, flac etc.
http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/

Wav's do not have a dedicated field for additional info.. Isrc's are stored in the toc (table of contents) of the cd and will not transfer with the individual files to lossy.

Also, it's best to send lossless to the services like tunecore, cdbaby, spotify, soundcloud, etc. If you send mp3, they will convert that to another mp3 which = sounds like shit. Always go from best quality as your master...gl.