How Do You Face Each Day?

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I've been on this board since practically from the beginning. In an internet sort of way, I've gotten to know a lot of people. One thing I notice are peoples different emotional states - from euphoric to downright depressed.

So I have a question:

When you wake up, how do you face the day? Some may hate things, and go into the day fighting. Some may want to lead the day, some may just want to tag along for the ride. You may resist or conform.

I go for the ride - I feel this is the best response to my choices. Since it's my decision to go on with this life thing, I have tried to adjust myself to blend in with the day, and not go to emotional boundaries. I am very attentive, which over the years has enabled me to adjust to different people, and connect in any small way I can. I find too much happiness is usually temporary, and disappointment is bound to come. I find too much despair and sorrow difficult, because other feelings like anxiousness and depression join the fray. It's emotionally tiring, and at the end of the day, I feel too blank. So I play the game of life. I go in without too many expectations - I know I will be thrown a ration of shit my way, but I've already prepared myself to deal with it. I know I won't always win or lose - in the long run, I hope for a 70/30 split - that seems reasonable. I know my time in this world is short - so at first I embrace every new thing that comes my way - I study it, and decide if it fits into my life. Like technology - I love it. I use it, have fun with it, so I never rejected it. I've rejected religion and politics, because they don't seem to fit into who I am.

So, what about you?

I have a very bad habit that helps me cope :rolleyes: Apart from that my main thought when I wake up in the morning is all the music I will get to listen to throughout the day, it makes me feel like its great that its a new day as I've got all the listening to do. I don't know and can't explain why, but thats my main motivation. Oooh time to change cd :D

Sometimes I look forward to college, sometimes I don't, I look forward to seeing my girlfriend, don't look forward to working, look forward to the bus journey back - one and a half hours of unnaldulterated music.

I pretty much face the day with an attitude of "whatever happens I'll let wash over me", as long as I have some music to keep me sane I'm happy :)

Nice question BTW :)

I pretty much just float on...
I have my ups and downs...
I am really into everything that I do,
I am like a child who always plays.
I live for the ups and will die with
one of my downs....
I always give my hundred prosent,
wether it is at being angry, lazy,
happy or friendly. My goal is to always
learn more, and see more things...
I always want to get better at everything.

All I want to do is sleep and listen to music that is complex enough to stimulate my imagination and mind. I'm dwelling in depravity day by day, week after week. I love silence, the night, darkness and prefer to be alone with the exception of this board...you seem to be some of the "best" (can't think of another word ;)) people out there; I learn something new from you almost everytime I come here...and I try to remember those things. You gals & guys rule!

Preset rules never work for me. Having an open mind and practically throwing yourself into things always gives you the most in the end. Overwhelming positivity and "being nice" isn't the right way to go always either, even though I'm a positive person overall. You only get kicked down doing that constantly. Reasonable negativity gives you much needed energy sometimes when you're down, but I never dwell on it - I know positive change will come sooner or later. The most important thing is to forget reason sometimes! It may sound stupid, but most of the really fun things in life come from completely irrational things... having something really silly together with other people...you know.

...and I'm a bit drunk and in a hurry, so excuse my rambling ;)

i face each day, hell, each second, one at a time. this way i can take care of things at my own pace and try hard to be contantly happy. some days it works, others it doesn't, but hell i remember once i was waking up daily depressed and wanting to die more daily. i am glad that i am no longer in this wretched state.

What a bunch of floaters eh!

I wake up and attack the day
I try to destroy what I hate
I try to lead those who will follow
I also heed those I respect
I never tag along for the ride
I'm not a hitch-hiker in life
I would rather be a leader
I also hope that I am respectful of those who choose different
I resist and I conform
When I choose between right and wrong

I don't think, then that only one of your approaches need be the case on its own.

Don't be offended anyone that I call you a floater, I think people that contribute so valuably are people I have great respect for. And I'm only joking. Float all you want people for you are my bretheren!

Sweet thread!

Official DesolatioN Dominion

Originally posted by Lotus_Eater_RVD
...but hell i remember once i was waking up daily depressed and wanting to die more daily. i am glad that i am no longer in this wretched state.

I know what you mean. I got over that one too.

I am just along for the ride. In all that is existance I am just a small little thing bobbing around, I don't think I'll make any huge impact, but I also don't think my life is meaningless. I think I live each day in search of knowledge and a woman with whom I can have a family. I can't wait until I meet Ms. Right and can begin to fill the world with little Soul4Raziel's. :D

I dont sometimes...do not like sleeping at nights because somehow in the night i got so hungry i do not care about anything else until i have breakfast and go crash....Nice little game to dumb myself into existance.
If not usually i listen to the news and make fun of how stupid people are for 3 hours...then i proceed to turn my pc and do stuff....i guess i face depression with incredible repetitive and boring rutines...

Lots and lots of alcohol. Heh, no.

I'm pretty go with the flow, easy-going. I basically do what I want more or less how and when I want. I eat when I'm hungry. I sleep when I'm tired. I refuse to live any kind of regular, structured day. I can't stand things to stay the same - if I find myself in a routine I soon try to break it (if possible), just on impulse. The only time this really fails, of course, is with work (for which I have to be there for when they schedule me). Sometimes I utterly crave social interaction, other times seek solitude. Sometimes I'm ambitious, other times frighteningly complacent. I try to constantly either learn, effect, or create. My goals change, I try to stay focused and work towards them, but living in the here and now tends to carry weight in my decisionmaking process. Life is a block of time. Chill out and enjoy it the best you can, and do as much of what you want to do as you can. Try to have no regrets.

Oh, and as proud as you should be to be the original Opethian, I think you just might have to retitle yourself "The Thread Starter". Another good one!

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn

Oh, and as proud as you should be to be the original Opethian, I think you just might have to retitle yourself "The Thread Starter". Another good one!

Thanks

And this is the only place where I can talk(type) about stuff like this to more than 1 person (and usually, I don't know many people who know how to have deep discussions.)

i usually get really bored and lifeless at least once a year, theres just nothing to look forward to, and i get bored with the same old routine, wake up early, go to college... oh well it passes, slowly. just need a holiday i suppose.

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
I can't wait until I meet Ms. Right and can begin to fill the world with little Soul4Raziel's. :D
*tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick*

that would be my biological clock. :lol: Just kidding (not a big fan of kids). But man, that's adorable.

i basically face the day hoping that some day i will find some one to share my life with, but that at the end of each day it just seems to be an unlikely thing. but until then i find music a good thing to keep me going. in fact if it weren' for me picking up my guitar a few years ago i'd probably be dead. playing music helps pass away lonely hours.