How do you pronounce...

Symphony EX

I had the same question myself until I heard the live STar One album and when they introduced Russell they said, "He sings for Symphony EX..." It simply confirmed what I had been callign them already. (A nice relief to know I'm not sounding like a dumbass.)

My vote goes for 'five' since it is their 5th album. But I always call it 'Vee' for shorthand when talking to my friends anyways.

I thought it would be "five" since it is a concept album... just listen to Communion and the Oracle and you'd get what I'm saying. But I, too, say "vee" in conversation.

Dobbit said:
My vote goes for 'five' since it is their 5th album. But I always call it 'Vee' for shorthand when talking to my friends anyways.
Symphony X (Self Titled) - 1994
The Damnation Game - 1997
Divine Wings of Tragedy - 1997
Twilight in Olympus - 1998
Prelude to the Millennium - 1998
V: The New Mythology Suite - 2000
The Odyssey - 2002

I dunno about you...But to me it looks as though "V" is their sixth studio album...At least according to the official Sym X website (And Prelude to the Millennium, although out of print, still counts as an album). So I'm going to go with "Vee"...That kind of bugs me though, why in hell would someone name an album the letter V? Whatever..."vee" is easier to say in conversation than "five" and it would be really stupid to just use "five" Like "DUDE! I JUST GOT SYMPHONY X'S ALBUM "FIVE" TODAY!" say that to yourself, and you'll get what I mean, lol. :rolleyes:

Katalepsy said:
Symphony X (Self Titled) - 1994
The Damnation Game - 1997
Divine Wings of Tragedy - 1997
Twilight in Olympus - 1998
Prelude to the Millennium - 1998
V: The New Mythology Suite - 2000
The Odyssey - 2002

I dunno about you...But to me it looks as though "V" is their sixth studio album...At least according to the official Sym X website (And Prelude to the Millennium, although out of print, still counts as an album). So I'm going to go with "Vee"...That kind of bugs me though, why in hell would someone name an album the letter V? Whatever..."vee" is easier to say in conversation than "five" and it would be really stupid to just use "five" Like "DUDE! I JUST GOT SYMPHONY X'S ALBUM "FIVE" TODAY!" say that to yourself, and you'll get what I mean, lol. :rolleyes:
Prelude counts as an album, yes. But it is not an album of new material, hence the reason for it not being counted as such. Make sense?

Five EX baby ;)
Glenn

Although I've since learned the album's name is FIVE, I originally called it V, and have had a tough time breaking myself from that habit.

Prelude does not count as a studio album for the same reason that Glenn said.

I still call it "Vee" even in conversation, but I always explain it's the 5th album, so people don't think I'm totally ignorant. I HAVE been recommending the album to people lately! ;)