how far have you gotten musicians??

Guys, you make me blush :oops: :D
I'm glad you like it, I really hope we'll finish that damn demo soon, so I can upload the final versions of the songs.

Hey Carnut, I suppose it was damn hard getting a decent sounding album in the 80s, not to mention demo... :tickled: Metal was very new back then and the playing equipment was yet to be developed to the tastes of the growing headbanging legions. The informations on the internet and the ability to use your computer as a whole studio (remember, once it HAD to be a large mixer, bunch of outboard equipment and whatnot) really help to get a decent sound by yourselves. I'll notify the UMOS people once we complete the work for the new demo...

I wonder does Baldy have anything to share with us? I'm sure his Panic Cell did lots better than any of our bands mentioned here... ;)

i wouldnt say lots better sickboy,you sound like you've been doing pretty well so far!!

most we've played to at the mo is 2,000 at bloodstock last year,and a blast it was too,sharing the stage with evergray,children of bodom,primal fear and gamma ray,among others.

this year we're aiming to whip that figure tho.we'll be appearing at bloodstock open air with CoB again,and materplan and edguy,also sebastian bach and our freinds in fourwaykill.there should be 3-4 thousand there.
we're waiting on whether we'll be playing both download and wacken(and carnut is working on graspop for us-cheers fella!)any of those will be awsome.
we've got a spot at the sxsw festival in austin texas this month,and also nine days supporting the rather fine american headcharge!

still havnt managed to get my ultimate ambition sorted out yet,supporting metallica,but i'm working on it.maybe later this year.

as far as umos members playing to big crowds goes tho,clammy will beat me hands down every time!cant imagine some of the crowds exciter will have played to.i bow on this score to him!.

baldyboy said:
i wouldnt say lots better sickboy,you sound like you've been doing pretty well so far!!

most we've played to at the mo is 2,000 at bloodstock last year,and a blast it was too,sharing the stage with evergray,children of bodom,primal fear and gamma ray,among others.

this year we're aiming to whip that figure tho.we'll be appearing at bloodstock open air with CoB again,and materplan and edguy,also sebastian bach and our freinds in fourwaykill.there should be 3-4 thousand there.
we're waiting on whether we'll be playing both download and wacken(and carnut is working on graspop for us-cheers fella!)any of those will be awsome.
we've got a spot at the sxsw festival in austin texas this month,and also nine days supporting the rather fine american headcharge!

You wouldn't say lots better? Well, I would... :tickled:
Playing on the same bill with Evergrey, COB, Primal Fear and Gamma Ray is a dream come true as far as I'm concerned. We are yet to cross our national border... :)
Baldy, did you have any chance to make any kind of contact to any of those guys? I suppose you're a fan of some (if not all) of those bands...

as far as umos members playing to big crowds goes tho,clammy will beat me hands down every time!cant imagine some of the crowds exciter will have played to.i bow on this score to him!.

Yeah, I completely forgot about the man!
You know what they say, "outta sight - outta mind" ;)

20 or so people.

This is gonna sound sad, but it's a school owned band that recruits kids from all over the SouthFork (or hopefully one day) and it's directed by real pro's of all instruments who direct and do a guest appearence or so. We only play classical stuff and write stuff in that manner, but I'm hoping to meet some hardcore guys/girls willing to form up.

I've recently put a new band together. We are somewhere between ISIS and Old school metal. I'm really proud of how we are sounding. My hope is that we will play out by summer. Most of the band is in their 30s and quite sane, which is a nice change. I'd been out of the band loop for a time, but am having a blast. It's all about fun, but you never know. There's a pretty good chance we could open for some of the better Frisco bands i.e. Hammers of Misfortune or The Lord Weird Slough Feg. We'll see. That's all the success I expect, but like I said, it's all about fun. We are going to record a demo by years end.