How fucking crazy is it in Chicago right now?

I'm waiting on a few replies from friends of mine that were actually down in the city for the rally. The media boasts about the peaceful jubilance of the crowd and how there really weren't any problems to report.

I don't like to discuss politics publicly for my intolerance of bad mouthing folks, but I too am a bit disappointed in the overwhelming focus on the "historical factor" last night. Yes, OK, having a black president elect is something to make note of, but it shouldn't turn into this parade of racial celebration and leave everything else on the porch. It's the issues at hand that are important. I did not vote based on a candidate's skin color, religious background, etc. I voted for who I thought could make a positive difference, in a nutshell. My hope is that the rest of America based their decision on that as well. Was either candidate perfect? Absolutely not. Only time will tell if Mr. Obama can make any good, or at least drive us in the right direction on what he's been campaigning about. The next six months should be interesting.

Yeah, yeah...historic. Thats great.
But the real issue is the dude going to make good on his promises?
I think people are getting too caught up in the moment.

Only time will tell if Mr. Obama can make any good, or at least drive us in the right direction on what he's been campaigning about. The next six months should be interesting.

Exactly. :kickass:

I don't think this thread was intended to be the sort that spirals into a political debate. I think it's mainly about the event at Grant Park last night, and how it affected the locals .. being that it took place in Chicago.

Britt

I'm waiting on a few replies from friends of mine that were actually down in the city for the rally. The media boasts about the peaceful jubilance of the crowd and how there really weren't any problems to report.

I don't like to discuss politics publicly for my intolerance of bad mouthing folks, but I too am a bit disappointed in the overwhelming focus on the "historical factor" last night. Yes, OK, having a black president elect is something to make note of, but it shouldn't turn into this parade of racial celebration and leave everything else on the porch. It's the issues at hand that are important. I did not vote based on a candidate's skin color, religious background, etc. I voted for who I thought could make a positive difference, in a nutshell. My hope is that the rest of America based their decision on that as well. Was either candidate perfect? Absolutely not. Only time will tell if Mr. Obama can make any good, or at least drive us in the right direction on what he's been campaigning about. The next six months should be interesting.

What she said:headbang:

well Invisible Guest was right... this was intended to be about CHICAGO BEING CRAZY. since you all want to talk politics...

McCain is a piece of shit, and he wouldn't have done a good job. Knowing this, I voted for Obama. I'm willing to give him a shot. He won't do any worse than the current piece of shit that we have in office.

Getting back to the topic.....

From what I heard, nothing happened. It was peaceful, other than the congestion at the train stations, there were no riots, a few firework displays out here in the suburbs that we could hear, but all in all, a very "peaceful" evening.:yow: Strange indeed...considering the past.....

On another note,
Proposition 2 passed in California
The "Bay State" banned dog racing
Forget the people!! I'm happy about the animals!! lol

Yeah yeah yeah... the black guy won. big deal, so what, it shouldn't matter. If McCain won all we would be hearing about is how historic it is to have a female VP. The media is a joke.