How is the high end balanced in this?

Sep 20, 2009
Helsinki Finland
soundcloud.com
I've been struggling with the high end issue lately, just can't seem to get tight results without compromising something that fucks the whole shit up. If you find any ideas that come to your mind and is useful by somehow pleeeeeease share 'em, kinda frustrated about this issue...

the clip: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7606286/severi.mp3

newer: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7606286/severi3.mp3

May i add that i am TRYING to achieve a bit hardcorish mixes nowadays.

Guitars sound a tad thin and slightly too much mids imo, also the drumming sounds pretty robotic.

do you think about steven slate when you masturbate?
HOLY BALLS, IT RHYMES! you can use that as lyrics for this if you like, but if you don't want to that's fine too.

mixwise... your high-end is not harsh or anything, but the cymbals sound really weak and washy. try putting a comp on the OH's to even them out. drums are maybe a tad to bright in a general sense, but I love bright drums since they don't sound as squashed, so well done. but please, slate samples won't make you the fucking pinncale of this sturgis proclaimed musical revolution. seriously, I was on youtube earlier today checking out some bands I've never heard of (you know, all that Rise Records crap) and I was fucking shocked about how similar all those bands sounded. problem is, I fucking love the tone (especially the drums, omnomnom) but I think of it all as a good looking t-shirt or something, like.. it wouldn't be as good looking and cool if EVERYONE had it. so I guess I'll dismiss this new wave of crapcore, although it's sounding heavy as fuck. joey sturgis is a genious blessed with a fine set of ears, he's a good producer and a good engineer, the problem is the bands themselves, they WANT to fucking sound like eachother. hey, if someone walks into joeys little crappy smelly suburb house and says "ZUP FOUREYES, WE WANT TO SOUND LIKE ATTACK ATTACK CUZ THEY GET ALL THE CHICKS", that's not joeys fault. it's like the nazi soldiers of germany, most of them weren't evil, they simply did as they were told. haha, i'm not even shure this is slate, but it's still got that generic sound.

also, your guitar tone has no attack.

Ouch. And i thought im doing my best so far :D hard critic. And will use those lyrics. Any idea on the guitar? Im doing it with 5150 with dummy. I have no clue how to make this better. Im thinking of blending more lsd to the drums. But the guitar??