How long do you like albums to be ?

I don't care how long the songs are, the albums needs to be the full 70-80 minutes that is possible on the CD (or extremely close to it).

(...)

And if I can't listen to the whole album all the way through without getting bored, its not a good album nor good band that is worth listening to.

Imagine a 80-minute grindcore album :lol: For some types of music, even highest of high quality is simply too much for the full 80 minutes :zombie:

I don't think Reign In Blood would have the same impact if it was double the length. It's like a tornado that hits you and disappears before you even notice.

I prefer over 45 mins. At 45 mins I actually feel rather annoyed. I think back in the day, I was used to CD's being around an hour, but theres so many half hour CDs now and I feel like I'm getting ripped off. If it's solid from start to finish, why didn't you just threw in a few more to get my moneys worth?

I prefer over 45 mins. At 45 mins I actually feel rather annoyed. I think back in the day, I was used to CD's being around an hour, but theres so many half hour CDs now and I feel like I'm getting ripped off. If it's solid from start to finish, why didn't you just threw in a few more to get my moneys worth?

Because everyone knows talent doesn't come by easily these days (unfortunately) :(

Imagine a 80-minute grindcore album :lol: For some types of music, even highest of high quality is simply too much for the full 80 minutes :zombie:

I don't think Reign In Blood would have the same impact if it was double the length. It's like a tornado that hits you and disappears before you even notice.

Haha I didn't think about that actually, I'm just imagining what a 80 minute long Rotten Sound album would be like :lol:

In my band, we are discussing the songs to be included in our first album, and we have songs for 63 minutes so far... and we thing that its too short! :loco:

Cephalic Carnage - Exploiting Dysfunction is 74 minutes long and that's grindcore.
Granted there's a bunch of tracks that are silence before the secret track, but it still counts in the overall running time.
Fucking good CD too.