How long does it take to recover from a broken heart?

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
Because mine was just shattered... by a girl I absolutely loved for 2 years. Serious answers please... man, I feel horrible.

'Why is it so easy for them to throw away years of precious memories?'

trust me, its not.

and i dont believe you can actually recover, you just try to get back on track, and as annoying as the saying is, time is, in its own way, a healer....not a very good one, but it doesnt feel like someone's just smacked you in the chest with a sledge hammer after a year or so.

just dont go out on a rebound mission, i've seen too many of my friends get way worse because of that crap.

oh, and keeping yourself busy, and more specifically, being around people, does actually tend to help in the sence that it takes your mind of it a bit, even if its just for afew seconds, if youre alone, you just dwell on the 'what if's' and the 'whys' which is never a good thing.

hope you feel better soons toots.

-e
xx

It will probably be a while.... But perhaps you can occupy your time to help distract in the way you feel.

WNxScythe said:
Because mine was just shattered... by a girl I absolutely loved for 2 years. Serious answers please... man, I feel horrible.

Hmmm... well I'm sure it varies... but for me the worst one was several months... only to be replaced by another one right after of which I'm still somewhat bitter over...

Just keep busy and really don't dwell on the "why?" and most of all..do not start stalking her and bothering her with questions and pleas. Getting over it works better when you're willing to instead of being forced to get over it by people who gt tired of you being depressed. The pain will last a long time, but eventually it'll take less and less of a place in your life..and then you're truly recovering from a broken heart. Estimate time? No idea..it took me about 4 months to stop the murderous intent I got when seeing him. Some people take over a year. D:

It'll be one year for me on April 25th. I still want to just roll over and die. It's hard to keep busy when you have no friends, and nowhere to go. It's all I do... sit alone, and think about her... and why this has happened to me.

^^ Man you need some cheers up.
Get hobby or something.
yeah I know that feeling cos it happen to me too.
When I feel sad or I´m alone I go to do some gym exersise or jogging and listen some good metal.:)
It´s help when you push yourself to the limit and have great feeling that you are live:kickass:

Shiny McShining Rodriguez said:
Get more practice at being heart-broken. The first time it always sucks balls, by tenth time you're like "please sir, I want some more".

That is the most bleak thing I have ever heard you say, and I have heard you say some bleak ones :lol:

Anyways being single isn't the worst thing in the world, yes a broken heart hurts... by god it does but its unlikely she will take you back so why dwell.

Move on with your life and try and be happy, find yourself in something.

End of Your Days said:
It'll be one year for me on April 25th. I still want to just roll over and die. It's hard to keep busy when you have no friends, and nowhere to go. It's all I do... sit alone, and think about her... and why this has happened to me.

:( No friends at all?

It's just the damn music I listen to. It reflects the way I look and act, and no one around this area acts this way. Life would be so much more fun and easy if I just started acting "gangsta". But, I'm too stubborn. Fuck that, I'll die alone before I betray the only thing that hasn't stabbed me in the heart: The music I love.

End of Your Days said:
It's just the damn music I listen to. It reflects the way I look and act, and no one around this area acts this way.

:( I lived in a place like that before...