How long does it take to recover from a broken heart?

End of Your Days said:
No big deal, like you said, you had no way of knowing.

dude, your lucky you have been in love. I have never even been forunate to be in love with somebody. If you are really that depressed, you might want to consider moving. I know you mentioned before, that it isnt that easy. But a total life change might do you some good.

I know it must hurt but really, try to meet other women. Try to go to a bar like once every two weeks at least. A broken heart heals fast when there is somebody else.

End of Your Days Like I said in my second post maybe your problem isn't having a girlfriend.... it is beyond foolish to tie yourself into an ideal that you must have a girlfriend or whatever it is you do.

Get some fucking friends though.... like do you not work or study or anything do you have no social outlet whats so ever.

A lot of people put a value upon themselves in having a girlfriend, I am no better a person when I'm in a relationship than I am when I am single.

So yeah, get friends... become more social, enjoy life and things will start to change and if they dont feel free to fly to Australia and murder me :)

You are connected to the internet are you not..... you can find friends via that.

And I live in a Australia and I can find at least one metal show every two weeks or so to go to, may not be huge acts but they are good fun times where I can meet people.

I find it very hard to believe you cannot make friends

Well, actually, I may be able to soon. I'm going to join a Muay Thai/Jiu Jitsu class, and since I'm just as big into MMA fighting as I am metal, that'll rule. Plus, one of the guys had a CoF shirt on... awesome.

Oh, and I've looked on online, no one near this area likes anything cool...

just remember you do have friends, us here on the forum!! were all here to support eachother. if it makes you feel any better End of your days, i just got out of a bad 5 year engagement. and its been 6 months now, i have moved on, and continued going out and supporting my local music scene to pass the time, and have found a new love, someone ive known for many years who i just found out had a secret want for me, and you know, hes the best thing to ever happen to me!! so just go out, and be yourself and hopefully a new beginning will follow for you. i still have bad dreams about my ex, and hate hearing about him now. but i have happily moved on, and so can you, just take your time, and things will change for the better, i promise you.
Hearsula----<--@

Hearsula said:
just remember you do have friends, us here on the forum!! were all here to support eachother. if it makes you feel any better End of your days, i just got out of a bad 5 year engagement. and its been 6 months now, i have moved on, and continued going out and supporting my local music scene to pass the time, and have found a new love, someone ive known for many years who i just found out had a secret want for me, and you know, hes the best thing to ever happen to me!! so just go out, and be yourself and hopefully a new beginning will follow for you. i still have bad dreams about my ex, and hate hearing about him now. but i have happily moved on, and so can you, just take your time, and things will change for the better, i promise you.
Hearsula----<--@

Bad dreams.... you too, huh? I have nightmares about her sometimes, when I do, my day is just totally fucked up. I'm depressed out of my mind that entire day. Wish I could go see some decent bands or something, but there's nothing like that around here. At least it'll be fun getting beat up in the Muay Thai class.

End of Your Days said:
It'll be one year for me on April 25th. I still want to just roll over and die. It's hard to keep busy when you have no friends, and nowhere to go. It's all I do... sit alone, and think about her... and why this has happened to me.

That's it, fucker. Sulk, feel sorry for yourself, and make no attempt to actually improve your situation. Attention whore.

SextoyAddiction said:
That's it, fucker. Sulk, feel sorry for yourself, and make no attempt to actually improve your situation. Attention whore.

yippee here we go again. Insults all round because that's always helped. With a name like yours, you're hardly one to talk about being an attention whore. When you're down or depressed it's pretty hard to find the courage, enthusiasm or energy to improve your situation, so basically it's a downward spiral into shittyness. And whilst moaning may piss people off, and sometimes it IS just attention seeking, others it is genuine and does help to make people feel better by getting shit off the chest.

Have you ever been clinically depressed?
If you don't want to listen don't, but saying shit like that does not serve to improve any situation.

SextoyAddiction said:

Yeah I mean what is he doing sulking in a thread called "how long does it take to recover from a broken heart"

Maybe if this thread was called "happyorama time to be happy, HAPPY !" then yeah you could be shocked enough at his complaining to mock.... but one would have to expect a fair bit of sulking in a thread of this nature.

Neith said:
yippee here we go again. Insults all round because that's always helped. With a name like yours, you're hardly one to talk about being an attention whore. When you're down or depressed it's pretty hard to find the courage, enthusiasm or energy to improve your situation, so basically it's a downward spiral into shittyness. And whilst moaning may piss people off, and sometimes it IS just attention seeking, others it is genuine and does help to make people feel better by getting shit off the chest.

Have you ever been clinically depressed?
If you don't want to listen don't, but saying shit like that does not serve to improve any situation.

Someone had to say it. Theres three pages of this shit. It been two fucking years from what he said, dear lord man, LIFE GOES ON!

Ive been drepressed and confused the past two weeks, so i went and started talking to a counsler, I solved my problem pretty well, why cant he?

Ok guys a bit of real advice... I don't know if I have posted it and I am too lazy to double check.

When a girl breaks up with you.... and you had a lot of feelings for them or even if you break up with them, get them out of your life. Everytime I feel I am over my last girlfriend she unblocks me cause she is bored and I end up feeling like hurling myself into the sun. Just cut them from your life.... move on.

*puts her on block*

One of my best friends is an ex-girlfriend but that is hardly the way it normally goes.... just take them from your lives.

i dont think it is possible just to shut them out of your life. yeha you can throw everything they gave you away and not have any contact with them. But every single minute of the day you long for them. My b/f right now i have been going out with him for 8 months and now i can not remeber how my life was before him. their is no chance in hell i would ever be able to live my life without him again. just even days were i dont get to see him kills me. and yeah what i cant understand is how some people can just break up after 1 or 2 of a realationship and just be like over it. its not right. it should be illegal or something. anyway i am just a 16 year old girl what do i know...
this is my opinion. but hmm.yeah