how long?

Ghets

New Metal Member
Mar 21, 2008
watershed took 3 years to finish (or so we think so). How long do you guys think it'll be until Opeth puts out a brand new album? i say 2 years.

probably 2-3 years, yeah. although i have to say, i have a gut feeling opeth won't be around for to much longer. not mike, but opeth as a group.

probably 2-3 years, yeah. although i have to say, i have a gut feeling opeth won't be around for to much longer. not mike, but opeth as a group.

I don't know, they look like a pretty strong collective now. They got fresh blood in Fredrik Åkesson and maybe they are not at their creative peak after Watershed but they still got at least three more albums in them.

the "fresh blood" in fredrik in its materialized form: first riff in porcelain heart :erk:

lol whats up with the negative comments, I can't see why opeth would disband or anything. Mikael is with ghost reveries finally getting a stabilized income from his proffesion, since watershed was even a greater success I can't imagine Mikeal would quit doing the thing he likes + earns money on.

Yeah, propably shorter gap now as long as they don't get more member issues. I'd say late 2010.

Id say they will be around for a while. Per is the oldest in the band and he isnt that old and the youngest is Axe who is only 3 years older than me. Id say they got a few good ones left in them if not more.

id love to see the new opeth album be here in time for the World Cup if you say 2 years from now. hell of a way to rock out and celebrate if sweden ever won.

I remember that Mike said that there will be new material soon, or somethin' like that. So I'd say two and a half years.