• 10-15

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • 15+

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

TheApostle

Mar 4, 2005
America
How long do you think Opeth will continue to play and write music?

And will the same members remain throughout the years?

----------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that they will play until they are unable to play anymore. As for writing music, maybe they will stop in 20 years :D . At least im hoping they go for that freaking long!

Same members till the day Opeth dies!

I think it'll be the same 4 guys, until Opeth calls it quits, however that won't be the last we see of them, especially Mike. I think they still got at least 3 more (including new 1) in them. i know they won't go until their eyes are bleeding like ozzy, and not know when to quit. I think Mike is a smart guy, and will stop at the right time.

I agree with the Mike thing, I wouldn't be suprised if he did solo prog albums after Opeth or something. I also predict Mendez/Lopez would be working together even after Opeth is finished, those guys are still quite young and have their own sideprojects I hear.

^yeah, no need to think ahead, i just hope their next is as badass as the preceding 7....but i put 5-10, they've already been around over a decade, and i trust mike will know to call it quits while they're still ahead

Maybe they'll do something like Paul McCartney or some older rock musicians. Maybe they'll still be playing in their 60s. I don't know if that's neccessarily a good thing though...

I'd say up around until the average age is 40 or so. Which is roughly 10 years...I'd say they'll be around for about 10 more years, more or less.

They will be around until there 50's if none of theses things happen plane crashes ,lunatic killers who jump on stage and kill,Mike getting sick of the band ends it all ,The metallica theory drugs and out of ideas,etc etc,....