Archetype

Jul 22, 2004
I heard this from somewhere in terms of sales in the states:
Among the living - gold
State of euphoria - gold
Persistence of time - gold
attack of the killer Bs - gold
sound of white noise - gold

Btw, are Anthrax making a living out of playing metal or do they have to do other things? Didn't Scott have a problem with the taxman?

Archetype said:
I heard this from somewhere in terms of sales in the states:
Among the living - gold
State of euphoria - gold
Persistence of time - gold
attack of the killer Bs - gold
sound of white noise - gold

Btw, are Anthrax making a living out of playing metal or do they have to do other things? Didn't Scott have a problem with the taxman?
Don't forget...I'm the Man - PLATINUM! (or maybe 2x platinum, I'm not sure).

I always wonder about this stuff. I heard bands like Flotsam and Jetsam have had day jobs their whole music career. What about Overkill or some of those other "mid-level" success bands? Can they make a living off this or what?

8 million worldwide thru there early days till now,i htink metal sludge did a whole career sludgescan awhile back and anthrax had around 2 million

Cincy Vigilante said:
I always wonder about this stuff. I heard bands like Flotsam and Jetsam have had day jobs their whole music career. What about Overkill or some of those other "mid-level" success bands? Can they make a living off this or what?

Yeah that fucking sucks how Flotsam Jetsam have day jobs. You'd be surprised now heaps of metal bands today have day jobs still.

Fear Factory, Symphonny X, In Flames guitarist teaches guitar, Shadows Fall I think, Unearth, I wonder if Suicidal Tendencies have day jobs,

he MrThrax - Rose Tattoo rock, Alchemist are amazing love their latest album and organism. I wanna hear Spiritech love the song road to ubar.
Mortal Sin is just classic thrash.

As for Overkill, I dunno if they have day jobs still I think they should be just doing fine i think but easy

Archetype said:
Yeah that fucking sucks how Flotsam Jetsam have day jobs. You'd be surprised now heaps of metal bands today have day jobs still.

Fear Factory, Symphonny X, In Flames guitarist teaches guitar, Shadows Fall I think, Unearth, I wonder if Suicidal Tendencies have day jobs,

About a year ago I saw one of those MTV\VH1 shows talking about 80s hair\metal bands and they interviewed a guitar player from KIX who now paints billboards with his bro in law.

It's a tough business.

DarbysDad said:
About a year ago I saw one of those MTV\VH1 shows talking about 80s hair\metal bands and they interviewed a guitar player from KIX who now paints billboards with his bro in law.

It's a tough business.

yeah it fucking sucks doesn't it? Fear Factory had a gold selling album (Obsolete) and yet Burton is a painter, Raymond owns a video games production company, Christian I think does construction. Dino I dunno what he does now that he has left.
Plus when Christian stepped up to the guitar he couldn't even afford an amp so the dude from Deftones had to give him 1 as a gift.

So I can see why Kix dude now paints billboards with his brother in law, its sad to see. The days of Bon Jovi are over