How many albums have Anthrax sold??

Cincy Vigilante said:
I always wonder about this stuff. I heard bands like Flotsam and Jetsam have had day jobs their whole music career. What about Overkill or some of those other "mid-level" success bands? Can they make a living off this or what?
I read an interview with "Blitz" where he said he didn't have to work day jobs. I'm sure he and DD make the bulk of the money in the band, so the other guys might have to keep themselves busy between tours and albums. What the hell is Overkill doing now anyway? I haven't heard anything. I need to get that DVD they put out a while ago...

I think anthrax could be the leaders of thrash metal back into the forefront of music again (like metallica did in 80s and early 90s). Anthrax has rocked for so long and stayed true through it all, and have even gotten harder. They don't even need to change their style, they just need to do what they do best (like they have on all the previous albums). Anthrax with a solid new studio album could kick all of the numetal, rapmetal, and pussymetal off the airwaves, and all of the new thrashmetal band like lamb of god and shadowsfall would be unleashed. That's just a theory of mine, and a dream.

Cincy Vigilante said:
someone is making money off of these bands, do they sign bad contracts or what? Fear Factory were/are pretty big they should not need to have day jobs...

Well in an interview Raymond Herrera said Roadrunner had made millions off the band so I assume thats why they couldn't make a living out of playing 'metal'. Which is also why they left Roadrunner & are now with Liquid 8 Records. Really sucks when I hear that Christian I think is a construction worker, Burton is a painter, Raymond has his own video games production company. Dino I dunno what he is doing. In fact I think the last true metal band to make living out of playing music is probably Pantera or Sepultura.

Did Pantera get back together after I went to sleep last night? I know it sucks for Fear Factory not to be living off their music but at least they got jobs. The economy is still not in the best of shape here in the States.

Pantera did not get back together

Sepultura are doing very badly now in fact they can barely fill out shows if I am not mistaken, I went to 1 of their shows and they could barely fill out a venue that holds 1000 ppl and just over 500 ppl turned up. Very disappointing.
Think ppl don't give a shit about the new singer

I saw Sepultura play last year here in Adelaide Australia, and they were originally scheduled to play a theatre that holds 3000 and they ended up playing a club that couldn't hold more that about 800. Pretty sad really.

there is nothing worse than losing a singer let alone the major songwriter that was max cavelera,sep were one of my fave bands but know i could not care less about them,if anthrax wasnt my favourite band i probbaly woulda lost interest in anthrax too,its a negative way to be but i think no one llike change too much,thankfully joey wasnt the driving force behind anthrax,just think if the same thing that happened to sep happened to anthrax,would u still be a fan if scott or charlie left?

I think that if Scott or Charlie quit Anthrax, then Anthrax would call it a day.