How many of you are actually musicians...?

How many of you are actually musicians...?

• Guitar

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Drums

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Throat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bass

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Voice

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Banjo

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Keyboards

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
It would be interesting to see wether Nevermore attracks certain kinds of people, like guitarists for example...

The best audience ever..... :D (Sorry, Trapped, I had to do this.... Actually I used to sing for 7 years but I was stupid enough to give up..... :cry: )

I was the lead guitars in that prog/metal group October Thorns ; we opened for Nevermore two times in NYC, once at Downtime, and then another at Lamours ; maybe some of you caught us?, hehe

Strangely, Im not into much 'metal' these days.. Im into alot of psychedelic/goa (infected mushroom, Hallucinogen, Shiva Chandra, Shpongle!) and alot of groups like Ozric Tentacles, Gong, Mahavishnu Orchestra, and even stuff like The Dead and Phish..
Also, alot of noise/industrial/IDM like Autechre, Aphex Twin, Velvet Acid Christ, the list could go on and on..

In terms of 'metal' ; Nevermore of course, Cynic, Strapping Young Lad/ANYTHING Devin does, hehe

thats enough rambling for now ;
peace.

Originally posted by ClearLight
I was the lead guitars in that prog/metal group October Thorns ; we opened for Nevermore two times in NYC, once at Downtime, and then another at Lamours ; maybe some of you caught us?, hehe

Strangely, Im not into much 'metal' these days.. Im into alot of psychedelic/goa (infected mushroom, Hallucinogen, Shiva Chandra, Shpongle!) and alot of groups like Ozric Tentacles, Gong, Mahavishnu Orchestra, and even stuff like The Dead and Phish..
Also, alot of noise/industrial/IDM like Autechre, Aphex Twin, Velvet Acid Christ, the list could go on and on..

In terms of 'metal' ; Nevermore of course, Cynic, Strapping Young Lad/ANYTHING Devin does, hehe

thats enough rambling for now ;
peace.
Hello!! October Thorns had/have some kinda connection with Savatage, am I right??? :cool:

hehe, yea, they did.

We had played the Savacon convention ; and John and Chris came up with us and helped play the cover of Gutter Ballet..
after that ; Chris got in touch with our bassist eventually , who toured with TSO, and from is possibly on this tour with them as well (havent talked to him in a while)
Paul (the singer) was also friends with the Savatage crew as well..

"This hybrid exotic seretonin drenched electro-plasmic dripping brain forest moves with endless hallucinogenic changing patterns while a million angels dance unnoticed on a pinhead- you are now entering SHPONGLELAND"-Shpongle

peace
:loco:

hehe, yea, they did.

We had played the Savacon convention ; and John and Chris came up with us and helped play the cover of Gutter Ballet..
after that ; Chris got in touch with our bassist eventually , who toured with TSO, and from is possibly on this tour with them as well (havent talked to him in a while)
Paul (the singer) was also friends with the Savatage crew as well..

"This hybrid exotic seretonin drenched electro-plasmic dripping brain forest moves with endless hallucinogenic changing patterns while a million angels dance unnoticed on a pinhead- you are now entering SHPONGLELAND"-Shpongle

peace
:loco:
So it was the October Thorns bassist on the TSO-tour... Cool, I couldn't recognize him. :err: Why did you leave the band??

I had left October Thorns for many reasons.

For one ; they had a problem when I didn't want to 'dress' or look 'metal' on stage.. They enjoyed playing dress up basically, they thought image was a huge priority.
I also feel the music experience was not the priority for them ; it was more about creating a nice package for record companies to pick up.

I also feel the singer had wayy too much to say about anything lol.. in other words, EGOS! and ya know what they say.. "the empty can rattles the most"..

they didn't understand my concepts about furthering the mind, enlightenment, etc ; they wanted to 'make it in the business'

anyways, thats enough about them, I really didn't enjoy the October Thorns experience at all. Norbert, the keyboardist, was the only one I remained friends with ; I feel me and him share similar views on spirituality, music, etc etc..

peace.

....anyways, thats enough about them, I really didn't enjoy the October Thorns experience at all. Norbert, the keyboardist, was the only one I remained friends with ; I feel me and him share similar views on spirituality, music, etc etc..
peace.
Thanks for telling me. :) And sorry about being pushy to ask you about it. :cry:

Drums, Jams sessions mostly.
I CAN sing, and rather well, but my voice is too low for metal, I sound almost EXACTLY like Peter Steele.