How many of you record non metal bands ?

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
I know this is a metal production forum and there are plenty of bedroom producers here, but this question is directed at the guys operating studios.
I do a good spread of everything from traditional music to pop, rap, indie and basically anything that will pay my wages :)
If anyone asks me what music do I like, I always reply "good music" so I am happy working with any genre as long as it's good. Sometimes I can't wait for the day to end but I get good to work with good talent most of the time.

Here is my latest non metal release.

Last edited by a moderator:
:wave:

Recorded and mixed/mastered this. Tracking took place in my over-the-summer studio and the artist's (my good friend) place, where we recorded the acoustic piano and some percussion stuff. Not a mix I'd personally go for myself (not saying that I don't like it) but it's 100% what the artist wanted. :)

I don't do that much metal to be honest but I work full time with audio and generate most of my income in the studio. I do everything from classical guitar to singer/songwriter to death metal.

I don't record a lot of metal. It's one of the least pleasing music genre to record in my book.

I haven't really had cause to do any metal yet, not sure I'd really want to either, most of what I do seems to fall under the umbrella of 'post-hardcore', whatever that is.

I'll preface this by saying I'm a kinda 'record where the budget takes me' guy, so my times divided between actual studios and sitting in my boxers at home with a set of A7s, but this is my latest.

http://beararms.bandcamp.com/album/strength-and-conviction