How many of you want SSD that don't already have it?

Group rate? I've been waiting for the ex and metal pack as well. Can I get in on something?

Insane Gb's?

Nah I actually cant remember but there are a few 1.5GBishhhhh files. I reckon about 8GB which is actually not bad for a sample library especially one as good as that..considering superior is just like ridiculous with its mighty 8 or so CD's. Managed to download 6 of the compononents (all firefox would let me) at about 200kb's each

I'm sorry to say I've decided to retract my offer for this, as I've decided to go for S2.0 - now that I realize it can be had for $250 or less, the price appeal of EX is diminished, and honestly, I kinda prefer the idea of the challenge of working with the (comparatively) raw-sounding Superior, rather than being locked into the awesome but more identifiable Slate sound (though if the Slate expansion for S2.0 ever comes to fruition, I'll be all over it!) Thanks for the idea though, and sorry to change my mind on you guys!

I'm sorry to say I've decided to retract my offer for this, as I've decided to go for S2.0 - now that I realize it can be had for $250 or less, the price appeal of EX is diminished, and honestly, I kinda prefer the idea of the challenge of working with the (comparatively) raw-sounding Superior, rather than being locked into the awesome but more identifiable Slate sound (though if the Slate expansion for S2.0 ever comes to fruition, I'll be all over it!) Thanks for the idea though, and sorry to change my mind on you guys!

Gonna get the metal foundry too dude?

Meh, maybe down the road if funds allow, but honestly, I've heard so many fucking awesome sounds from regular ol' S2.0 I don't really see a reason! (well, except for the kicks, but I've built up such an epic collection of stuff I've swiped from generous people on here, I'm sure I'll be able to find something workable and finally put my APTrigga2 purchase to use :D) One thing that really appeals to me about S2.0 is that the snares have always sounded so fucking deep and meaty; a poppy snare is all well and good, but many of the S2.0 clips seem to have snare's with similar characters of sound as the snare on TGCD, which is one of my all time faves!

EDIT: To be clear though, I've also heard some clips of Slate snares that have similar characteristics, just in case anyone thought I was implying otherwise ;)

I already have S2.0 and although it sounds realistic, I don't care for the sounds on anything aggressive. I like how it sounded for a cover I was working on of a song off of Thrice's "Alchemy Index" but if you know that album it's all room mics and ambience. I think Slate's up front in your face tones are what I need especially for sound replacing.

Just out of interest Marcus, where can you find 2.0 for 250 bucks? I'm still probably going Slate because it is still considerably cheaper (especially for someone buying it from overseas), but that definitely throws a little spanner in the works.

Actually though, looks like the cheapest I can find is $260 (I guess I didn't realize last time that the $230 ones were only for the crossgrade from EZD :Smug: )

Meh, maybe down the road if funds allow, but honestly, I've heard so many fucking awesome sounds from regular ol' S2.0 I don't really see a reason! (well, except for the kicks, but I've built up such an epic collection of stuff I've swiped from generous people on here, I'm sure I'll be able to find something workable and finally put my APTrigga2 purchase to use :D) One thing that really appeals to me about S2.0 is that the snares have always sounded so fucking deep and meaty; a poppy snare is all well and good, but many of the S2.0 clips seem to have snare's with similar characters of sound as the snare on TGCD, which is one of my all time faves!

EDIT: To be clear though, I've also heard some clips of Slate snares that have similar characteristics, just in case anyone thought I was implying otherwise ;)

Hey Marcus,

What did you use for the clips you've done in the past? S2.0?

Hahahaha, no no, that was the atrocious jury rig of a drum setup I've been using for like 5 years (original DFH samples loaded into Battery, all illicit), that I'm ever so desperate to replace! (with something legit, I might add :D)

Man it looks like I'm going to need some really good drums a.s.a.p so I might have to bail on SSD until a later date when I can afford to eventually have both that and 2.0. :(

I am keen to replace my illicit drum programs with something very professional and legit too. I try not to hinder my creative outlets by being a very poor uni student, but I do enjoy owning legit copies of stuff that I find very useful.

HAHA!! Just bought mine today too! Not a drummer and I am not sure what I will do with it.. but I can probably waste some time playing with it

After playing with it for a few hours 2 things come to mind

1. these samples are awesome!
2. I hate Native Instruments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I am in sixth grade with window 3.1