How many times do you listen to an album before passing judgement?

Are you a goldfish?

• More than 5.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
General Zod said:
I think part of the problem is, there's just so much music out there.
Yep. The only thing I really buy any more is stoner or classic rock, or when one of my favorite bands releases a new album.

General Zod said:
It is bizarre, given how relatively small this genre is, in terms or total record sales, just how much music there is.

Zod

It's really not that bizarre if you think about it because so many people can record full blown albums at home now on their PC. That also means there is a massive increase in disposable music.

Add to the fact that people can download something for free in seconds and decide in a flash. Before the web, your only options were to buy or trade. You wanted the investment to pay off and so you exhausted yourself listening to it. Also, it was all new so everything sounded fresh.

I also just have a hard time deciding in 30 seconds whether something is good or not, especially when said artist may have spent 2 years making it. I guess listening to it a few times is the least I could do.

If I gave up after one listen, I would own about 3 CDs.

also just have a hard time deciding in 30 seconds whether something is good or not, especially when said artist may have spent 2 years making it.

I say fuck that. I really hate is when artists are looked upon as some kind of brilliant beings. We should look upon teachers and doctors with more admiration than people in the entertainment field.

lurch70 said:
We should look upon teachers and doctors with more admiration than people in the entertainment field.

We do. In society, Artists are on the bottom rung. Music appreciation = appreciation of the artist who makes it.

EDIT: Except in the case of NSBM. :p

General Zod said:
It is bizarre, given how relatively small this genre is, in terms or total record sales, just how much music there is.

Zod

its the fans in my opinion. we're all rabid bastards who want musicmusicmusic and don't settle for a few crappy bands the media gives us.

Metalheads = Collectors almost always. MP3's, Tshirts, Patches, Vinyl, CD's, Tapes, Leather, Denim, Spikes, Ammo, Groupies, Scars, Beer, Etc...

I put three because thats about the right number for me.If something catches me Ill give it a couple more listens before judgement.

Theres ony been one album that I listened to the first half of it and immediately took i back and sold it. It was bad. Im not naming it because it was imbarassing that I even bought it. I think it was my sophmore year , which wouldve been about 16.