How much do you fucking hate The Beatles?

sonofhendrix13

some loser
Jul 1, 2004
Gloucester, MA
Actually, I don't mind them. I know they were mostly pop but I like alot of their psychedelic stuff like Strawberry Fields Forever and Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds. I don't see why so many people hate them just because they aren't in the least bit heavy. Is their anyone here who shares my view?

sonofhendrix13 said:
Actually, I don't mind them. I know they were mostly pop but I like alot of their psychedelic stuff like Strawberry Fields Forever and Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds. I don't see why so many people hate them just because they aren't in the least bit heavy. Is their anyone here who shares my view?
The first record I ever bought (I was 12) was Sgt Pepper. I like them because they wrote excellent pop (Day Tripper, Hey Bulldog), weird psychedelic (Within You Without You, Strawberry Fields Forever), beautiful ballads (For No One, Two Of Us), and some really rocking songs (Helter Skelter, Oh Darlin, Get Back). No, they never came close to metal, then or now, but they were good. Rubber Soul and Revolver are simply two of the best pop rock albums ever. :worship:

The Beatels are essential. Especially their later works. I have Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, the White Album and Abbey Road. they all are good.

I've always thought they were way over-rated and equated to most modern main-stream pop (in 40 years people will probably be praising these bands as well). I never really got into them, just too boring and uninspiring for me, but if you like them then you like them, that's all there is to it.

Brooks said:
Greatest band ever. Anyone who doesn't like them is a fool, and deserves no respect.
198.gif
2112.gif
dbz2.gif

all you need is love

Try out this band Beatallica, they mix metallica-spoof lyrics and insert them into Beatles' songs(Ex:Everybody's Got A Ticket To Ride Except For Me & My Lightening,Sgt. Hetfields Motorbreath Pub Band), which they play in a metal style....pretty funny, gets a tad boring later on though... www.beatallica.com

Life Sucks said:
I don't like them at all. I think I hate Led Zeppelin more, though.

Ok, I can see you not liking the Beatles, but Led Zeppelin are probably my favorite classic rock band of all time. What do you have against them?

The Beatles are the most significant recording artists of the twentieth century, period. People who don't like them, especially in the metal community, are hypocrites in their own way because all modern music other than rap and country, and even some country, were inspired by people who were inspired by the Beatles. Metal owes much to Black Sabbath as originators, and Ozzy's well-known biggest influence is the Beatles. Magical Mystery Tour man! It gets no better.

My dad brought me up listening to The Beatles.. and thus I love them!
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is one of my favorite songs.. gawww especially I am the Walrus, While my Guitar Gently Weeps, Revolution, and Norwegian Wood. lovelyyyy songs.