How much is too much?

I agree with metalmancpa that it's good to complain if it really helps you to cope with your problems. I really don't care of those who complain out of plain habit. Maybe that is because I used to be one of them. There was a period in my life (about four years ago) when I was really down. it really lasted for a year or so and after that I just couldn't stop feeling lonely and depressed. I don't really remember how I got over it, but I think it was because of my wonderful girlfriend.

After realizing my situation and getting over it came a period when I wouldn't share any of my bad feelings because I was afraid I would get on my friends' nerves. (not a bit healthier, I think)

Now I share the bad feelings I have. I think that the more you let sadness or anger wallow inside your mind, the more the feelings grow and the harder and more frustrating it is to vent them.

And there certainly is pure happiness. It's only a question of attitude.

complain all u like, but just make sure that people also get to enjoy your friendship as well.

i know people who always complain and look at the negative side of thigns, but i still love them and let them do that coz they also can get past it and just be a normal friend after they get stuff off their chest.

the key to happiness is to lower your expectations to the point where they are already met :confused:

I may be getting a bit out of subject here, but i think it is important to listen to others too.

Especially in Misanthrope's case, it feels (correct me if i'm wrong) like he's choking his friend with his probs, while she needs to express herself too.

@Misanthrope: If this is the case, then try to make her feel that her problems are important too.

As for me, I had the same prob a few days ago, but when I really needed my friends (the same ones that heard my whining and started leaving me) they were there for me...
Maybe it's just a matter of whether they think you are just whining or that you are having real probs in your life.. dunno...

@Siren: She refuses to accept my help she also does not wishes to drag me down with her and i do not know what else i can tell her to convince her to let me help her i tried everything...

Misanthrope,

All I can say is that you need to get laid. Often.

If everyone was getting regular sex... I think the world would be at peace. Do you think any of those Taliban fighters would take death over sex? FUCK NO. They'd rather be getting laid by their multiple wives than getting shot..

My opinion, anyway :D

i love you misanthrope......but i'm really wrong.....by now, i think i need psychological help....i don't wanna hurt you with my depression....i love you....

...Never forgive that i love you...

I feel if I post now, I'll be interfering, but I can't help myself.

Being depressed is a very lonely place to be. You still carry with you all things that are good - compassion, caring, etc. But the depression can be so deep, that it pushes everything else aside. I've followed my daughter through this for over a year, and I've followed all her therapy (and have been VERY pro-active in these efforts). All I want as a parent is for her to be able to cope enough with life to get through the day without thinking there is nothing for her.

So I read this thread (and other various posts), and know there are a lot of people suffering from depression. IMO, the depressed person has to some how accept the support group around him/her, whether it's a solid group or very weak. Even though there are some who manage to do it alone, I think the majority of the depressed can't do it alone - they need help. At least listen to what people have to say. Even though I'm not too convinced that the mental health profession has it all together, they are still better than nothing. Take the medications that are prescribed to you (if any). They may have side effects, they may not work. You may feel like a guinea pig, but people only want to help. If you go to therapy, try doing the things they say. They may seem stupid, but again, they too only want you to function. The hardest thing about being down is the isolation.

Hope things can get better.