How much does metal mean to you?

Belial

Rainbow Demon
Nov 18, 2001
Shoikan Grove
jason.storiesfrom.us
I believe I can safely assume than everyone here likes metal, but my question is: how much does metal mean to you? Is it just music or is it an important part of your life? Explain.

To me at first metal was just music, nothing more. Recently though, it's gained in importance. I can no longer imagine a day going by without hearing some metal, and I believe listening to metal (as well as socializing with the metalheads here) has played a significant role in my life. It's become quite an addiction and I need to get my fix.

I probably sound silly, placing so much importance on music, but that's how I feel. What about you?

Hm, music is extremely important to me, and metal is one of the most important music styles to me. However i go by many days without listening to metal, i go through many stages and not all of them are metal moods. It is the most important form of music i listen to, but my favourite styles lately are more melodic and clean and acoustic, although still very similar to metal in most ways.

I need it, but only as part of my music experiences, not as the only part of my musical experience.

Metal rules, it is one of the of the few styles out there that is continually progressing, the music keeps getting better and better.. it deserves a lot of credit.

hm

Metal means nothing, means a material that is usually hard and its a good conductor

Music means everything, music is my life, and i cant be confined within the walls of metal myself i must go out and seek other musical experiences.

music means the world to me! the first thing I do in the morning is put on some music, and the last thing I do at night is fall asleep listening to music. it doesn't matter what it is aslong as it brings me comfort and happiness

It's a way of expressing one self. Before music, I had depression, angst and a whole load of nothing. Music (not only confined to metal) has made me realize that people channel the negativity within oneself intro something creative, entertaining that represents a way of feeling or way of life as opposed to just strictly entertainment. It's what makes us all related in a way. Our love for music, which in turn represents our inner selves.

MUSIC means everything to me, it always has...
I was brought up listening to music, and I think
music has made me the way I am today :eek:)

I haven't always listened to metal, but I
progressed into liking this genre, and now I
can't get enough. Metal has changed my life, it
makes me feel complete, it makes me feel
anything at all! It touches me in so many ways...

Music is life, simple as that.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it helped me finding myself in a way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

before music came into my life, everything was a load of shit. I could find absolutely no meaning in my life. Nothing: it was all a big blank (except my passion for cats, but thats pretty pathetic heh).
I grew from rock to metal and now I'm where I want to be. Metal perfection for me. There are so many different kinds of metal that can suit any mood, any feeling. Its all so expressive it makes me want to cry sometimes.
Metal is a comfort, a link to my dreamspace. Im generallya a depresed person, and metal helps me a lot. It extends my depression in a way that makes me feel so much better that i dont wallow on my misery anymore. Im swimming in it. I know this sounds damn weird, but that's where I want to be. Looking at all the things that seem to be making me miserable and ambracing them. On the long run it makes me feel better about myself and stops me envying other people. Metal is a necessity.
Notice, im not saying music, im saying metal. Thats coz only metal can reach me in that way. Rock is damn good too, but thats just fun; nothing too deep. You have to look deep in metal to find what it means to you; i found that the depths of metal are the depths of my soul.
its not like i breathe and feed on metal - i could live a day or two without it, but that would be a very dry and empty period. If i had it my way, metal could be heard endlessly, everywhere.

Music is one of the biggest and the most important things in my life. I have been into other genres earlier, but metal is what have made me what I am. Metal gives me great feelings, it makes me feel comfortable, safe and calm when I'm feeling lonely and depressed. Metal makes me think a lot of things which I normally probably wouldn't think and it makes me understand myself better. It also gives me strength to go on and self confidence. These were few examples, I can't express all the feelings what it creates. What can I say....music is my life.

music, football, people. i suppose they're the 3 luxuries (or however you spell it) in my life. i think musics more important that how i do in my exams and therefore what i become and do in life, i really need to sort out my priorities. argh, my loss :(

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Metal means nothing, means a material that is usually hard and its a good conductor

Music means everything, music is my life, and i cant be confined within the walls of metal myself i must go out and seek other musical experiences.
Amen.

Originally posted by Hiss_
quote:
it helped me finding myself in a way.

before music came into my life, everything was a load of shit. I could find absolutely no meaning in my life. Nothing: it was all a big blank (except my passion for cats, but thats pretty pathetic heh).
I grew from rock to metal and now I'm where I want to be. Metal perfection for me. There are so many different kinds of metal that can suit any mood, any feeling. Its all so expressive it makes me want to cry sometimes.
Metal is a comfort, a link to my dreamspace. Im generallya a depresed person, and metal helps me a lot. It extends my depression in a way that makes me feel so much better that i dont wallow on my misery anymore. Im swimming in it. I know this sounds damn weird, but that's where I want to be. Looking at all the things that seem to be making me miserable and ambracing them. On the long run it makes me feel better about myself and stops me envying other people. Metal is a necessity.
Notice, im not saying music, im saying metal. Thats coz only metal can reach me in that way. Rock is damn good too, but thats just fun; nothing too deep. You have to look deep in metal to find what it means to you; i found that the depths of metal are the depths of my soul.
its not like i breathe and feed on metal - i could live a day or two without it, but that would be a very dry and empty period. If i had it my way, metal could be heard endlessly, everywhere.

I couldn't put it better myself.
xyxthumbs.gif

Metal means getting some extra energy when I feel like it, like a good cup of coffee or something.

Music means comfort when I alone, bringing people together through it, and (self)-expression through my or our own music.

It's not the driving force in my life anymore like a year or two ago. I find myself enjoying music better when I'm not dealing with it so seriously or all the time.