How much time a day do you spend listening to Rock N Rolla!??!

a day? wow, it went quite a bit lately. At home usually an album or two before work. The drive to work is rather short so maybe (or almost) a whole album in the car (to and from work). At work, depending on how busy it is or how much bullshittin' I do with chums it's about 3 albums.

haha you guys who are able to listen to music at work, well, it might be time for a "real" job

j/k

I have a tendency to relate the music I'm listening to with what I'm doing at that time. If I then listen to it later it reminds me of what I was doing while listening to it earlier. I'm not sure I'd want to ruin music by listening to it at work.

I have a tendency to relate the music I'm listening to with what I'm doing at that time. If I then listen to it later it reminds me of what I was doing while listening to it earlier. I'm not sure I'd want to ruin music by listening to it at work.

Yeah the reminiscence mechanism works pretty well with books/travels and such. Whenever I listen to Dol Guldur I have a fleeting image of the Portuguese coast crossing my mind. And when I listen to Sopor Aeternus' Voyagers, I always think of The Secret History by Donna Tart, which I was reading when the album came out (or came to me anyway).

But work is much too contingent to generate such lasting impressions I guess. Unless you're listening to Mournful Congregation at the time you receive your lay-off notice, that is... :)

[EDIT] and to the thread, about 3 hours on average, including 1.5 commuting.

haha you guys who are able to listen to music at work, well, it might be time for a "real" job

I've got a real job, but I sit at a desk. Not a ton of moving around, so as long as I see the phone, its fine. Otherwise its all done by email anyway.

I listen to music at work, but it's usually nothing "deep", and when it is, I can easily seperate it from the work. Or just sit at my desk and daydream while pretending to work! :p

haha, my boss always yells at me from behind me, and I'm oblivious until somebody waves a hand in the air. :p Thats when I know I've snuck the volume up a bit and its too loud. :p

I've found myself spending less hours a day on music. 5-6 hours a day used to be the norm, now it's down to about two if I'm lucky. This undertaking typically occurs during my commute and workouts. I plan on grabbing my cock and pulling it out of my ass, the irons must be raised for longer than it takes to shit. I've listened to 4 hours of hell raising this morning, off to a decent start.

I listen to music for 9-10 solid hours a day at work (through one headphone so I can interact with the public), in the evenings a lot of the time for hours on end, and in the car, which may be 1-2 more hours on some days, when friends are over etc.

It adds up to quite a bit. Music is almost like air, I don't know what I'd do without it.

i thought this was about the first judas priest album

DEAL W/IT

also, i listen to very little music these days actually. probably because i play a lot of music and rehearse 3-4 times a week

Last edited by a moderator: