Can you go a day without listening to Music?

I'm anti-Ipod, partly because they've become the chronic downloader's best friend but mostly because I believe it makes the listening experience more impersonal and puts convenience over the individuality of music. And of course because of all the trendies who need it because it's a status symbol. In regard to the original question, it's absolutely impossible for me to go a day without music.

I don't do the teenage girl thing by listening to my iPod at the mall or when I'm giving head to a football player. I use it pretty much only during car trips, when I'm going to sleep, or during a free period at school. To me, it has actually let me get more personal with music.

I bought myself an Archos Gmini 20GB not too long ago, and I'm loving it! It can also play video files, so it's really useful for long train rides and such. The only thing I dislike about it is the sound quality of mp3 files, but I'd rather have low quality music than no music at all.

Hah! My Archos even supports variable bit rates, which is far superior to your worthless ipod! But still, neither can even stand in the shadow of a good stereo...

Crimson Velvet said:
Hah! My Archos even supports variable bit rates, which is far superior to your worthless ipod! But still, neither can even stand in the shadow of a good stereo...

steoewin3rh.jpg

I can't think of the last time I went a day without playing some music. It'd have to be... when I went to my girlfriend's cottage or something. But even then, I'd walk in the woods sometimes and listen to appropriate music.

IOfTheStorm said:
on topic:
YES. And then you realize that sometimes there are some things more enjoyable than music.
Sex, cars, and beer sometimes are, yes. Oh, and nature. I don't do nature hikes with music, because I like the silence of it all.

Zappa on the crappa kicks a lot of assa.

Absolutely not. And if I'm ever stuck in a situation where I can overhear my neighbors and their petty, everyday bullshit...I start to go fucking insane.

hahahahahahahhahaha

I'm going to stick with my Discman for now, just need to start burning mp3 discs and taking them with me (they worked quite well on my trip back east). Those Ipud thingies look pretty kickass and all, but I'd rather dump that kind of cash into something more productive, like beer and hookers.