Can you go a day without listening to Music?

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
I have not listened to one inkling of music today. I've been awake for 10 hours! (Ofcourse in about 30 minutes I'm going to break my streak) Can anyone here go a day without listening to atleast 1 album or song? And if so, how the fark do you do it? :confused:

:Spin:

When I go camping I usually go a few days without music, other than that, it's a rarity.

I don't think I listen to music enough though, sometimes I'll sit on the computer at home for 3 hours straight without a sound, and I think "I could've half-listened to 5 CDs by now..."

I've listened to about 4 hours of music a day for at least the last year... I've gone without it a couple times- its quite possible and not that much of a problem, but I frequently find myself with a song stuck in my head that I'd like to hear.

Erik said:
This is why it's handy to rip (almost) all of yer CD's to MP3's. I have a playlist of about 4900 songs on random playing pretty constantly throughout the day.

Right on. I have ALL OF MY MUSIC on my computer, this way my Cds remain in nice condition, and I don't have to do all kinds of crazy changing and stuff.

I need to start doing that, I have the computer and my Discman® (a Sony even) plays mp3 files.

Oh yeah usually when I go camping I bring the acoustic geeeeeeeetar, last time I wrote a few songs but was drunk so they are gone like so many beershits in the desert landscape.

I don't wanna sound like a dick trend whore, but look into mp3 players. I don't see why people are like "OMFGSTFU" to things like iPods. Sure they are ridiculously expensive, but honestly I believe having my entire musical library in a device smaller than the size of a pack of smokes is gorgeous. One of the best financial decisions I've ever made.

I can't do it. I listen to music at work, home, in the car. Everywhere. I guess I could sing if I forgot my CD player at home.

How many songs can an Ipod hold? I plan on burning every cd I have to cd-r soon. That way if a cd out of my collection hit's the fritz, I'll have a backup. Or I may just throw them all on the pc as you did Marksveld. Nevertheless, if you have a hard time finding a rare cd nowadays. It would be an absolute shame to see it fuck up 10 yrs from now with no way of getting a replacement.

there a many different kinds of iPods. 10 gig, 15 gig, 20 gig, 40 gig, and 60 gig. I myself bought a 10 gig when they came out, but they aren't being made anymore... now the 20 has replaced it in price.

edit : yeah, i didnt answer your question. 10 gig holds approximately 15 hundred songs. I don't know the numbers for the rest, do the math.

Marksveld said:
I don't wanna sound like a dick trend whore, but look into mp3 players. I don't see why people are like "OMFGSTFU" to things like iPods. Sure they are ridiculously expensive, but honestly I believe having my entire musical library in a device smaller than the size of a pack of smokes is gorgeous. One of the best financial decisions I've ever made.
Yeah... I've always been the "FUCK IPODS AND OTHER RELATED BUTTPLUGS" but the last month or so it's been under consideration. I'll look into one soon, probably.

Whoa, I just checked the prices, jesus I-pods are pricey. The only mp3 players under $100 are like the 128MB ones, my Discman plays 700MB CD-Rs so like, no way dude. When I'm still pimpin' a 10 year old Aiwa for a home stereo, and thinking about "upgrading" to a Garage Sale Special receiver, no way am I sinking that much cash into one of these thingies. Maybe later. :)

Erik said:
santa8qo.gif

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAaa

yeah, good points erik. I am kind of fucked now, because I got mine before the cheaper ones. My warrenty is gone on January 6th, so if it breaks or something I'll have to get a Dell.