How ridiculous ...

I love Motörhead although I'd categorize myself as a casual fan. I know this might sound blasphemous but them headlining would be a detterent for me. I'd rather they play a greatest hits set and Anthrax come out and play a 2+ hour set with a healthy dose of crowd favorites and fan favorites ala now it's dark, belly of the beast, gung ho. Not extreme rarities from b-sides or what not. Wanna do a cover? Howabout Milk?!?!

I love Motörhead although I'd categorize myself as a casual fan. I know this might sound blasphemous but them headlining would be a detterent for me. I'd rather they play a greatest hits set and Anthrax come out and play a 2+ hour set with a healthy dose of crowd favorites and fan favorites ala now it's dark, belly of the beast, gung ho. Not extreme rarities from b-sides or what not. Wanna do a cover? Howabout Milk?!?!

Not only is that blasphemous but it's also straight-up unrealistic. Even if Anthrax were to headline they'd play no longer than an hour and a half. Even then the set would still be 90% greatest hits + WM stuff.

does anyone remember the typical Anthrax setlist from the wcfya tours?

suppose the whole big 4 thing has made them play 80s songs to a greater extent, since that is how a lot of metal people know them (outside the die-hard Anthrax community).

I could be wrong though.

I'll probably get internet bodyslammed for this but I still think the set-list would benefit from have 3 or 4 of the "very best" Bush Era songs in it. Maybe just 1 for short sets though. At least it wouldn't be they same set over and over like it has been.

I agree, just for the sake of switching it up.

But let Joey practice them first.

Allow me to state the obvious: Anthrax doesn't need to add Bush songs in order to shake up their setlist. In fact, that would just make matters worse.

Of course they dont "need" to, but the "best Bush Era" songs always went down well, as well as the classic stuff. Joey needs to get out of his comfort zone. I have seen 2 Anthrax shows with Joey and 2 with John so I feel qualified to comment about this. Maybe it's different in the USA but for Europe and Australia, that how the shows are.

Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Joey to try bush era songs. If that's the case, I commend Joey for standing his ground. Or maybe the band didn't like how it sounded.

Joey sang parts stylistically different on worship music than the first few albums with Anthrax. He showed a wider range and it makes it easier to envision him singing , say , random acts of senseless for example. I recall anthrax shows in the late 90's and this song was a crowd pleaser.

I remember a summer 2003 Anthrax show in Jersey. When they were touring WCFYA. They played 1000 points of hate. Man that was awesome. The crowd really loved it too.

I understand they're not metallica or even maiden who play varied and deep cuts all the time. It'd be nice if they pulled out an old classic like now it's dark. Have they played among the living recently???

These two bands that I really like - playing at the same time!
So I must choose then.
The answer is obvious. I would go see Anthrax.

It is not an issue of which band is better or whether Worship Music is better than Dark Roots of the Earth or anything like that.

I am an Anthrax fan but I accept that they are like a "Time Bomb". Testament will play in your area again. Anthrax may not.

The answer is obvious. I would go see Anthrax.

It is not an issue of which band is better or whether Worship Music is better than Dark Roots of the Earth or anything like that.

I am an Anthrax fan but I accept that they are like a "Time Bomb". Testament will play in your area again. Anthrax may not.
Very good point I would do the same. Anthrax is and always be my favorite band and I've been so lucky to see them four times in the past couple years because of the Jagermeister tour, 2 legs with Testament and then with Mayhem, all no further than two hours from me. The third leg is not coming anywhere near me and who knows what will happen after that. I've enjoyed Testament both times but Anthrax will always be the band that I will never ever miss in my area. For their next album (can't believe I'm even thinking about it) I plan on using my vast vacation time and following them on the road, maybe even halfway across the country and back. Never done anything like that but I hope to, maybe I can save a few bucks by crashing on a few NFMB members' couches. So yeah I'm that dedicated to this band so I'd see them but you'll definitely get a better setlist from Testament and surely a lot newer songs!

Of course they dont "need" to, but the "best Bush Era" songs always went down well, as well as the classic stuff. Joey needs to get out of his comfort zone. I have seen 2 Anthrax shows with Joey and 2 with John so I feel qualified to comment about this. Maybe it's different in the USA but for Europe and Australia, that how the shows are.

I agree
I would love to hear some Bush Era songs again. I hate to say it but the same old songs have been over played to be honest. Mix it up a bit. The set list has become predictable.

I think Joey could do really well on 1000 points.

But What Doesnt Die would be redundant with Fight Em in the set.

I would love to see Bush era songs introduced again. So many great songs during that time that Joey could manage - sure it would be a different take but still enjoyable in my book.

They don't need to include any Bush era songs to mix things up.

How about playing ANYTHING from the Persistence of Time album besides Got The Time.

Time
In My World
One Man Stands
Keep it In the Family
Gridlock
Intro to Reality / Belly of the Beast

... just to name a few

How about Skeletons in the Closet, Among the Living, Bring the Noise, Im the Man, Parasite, Be all End All... just to name a few others