How to get that professional DEEP sound?

mix with a decent sub to get an idea whats going on maybe?

@Andy I never thought about that one..I assumed my Yamaha HS80M's would be ok, I guess it makes alot of sense when you put logic to it.

@everyone else yeah these are really handy tips guys, I really appreciate the fact you've all pounced on this one and not just said "oh, it takes many things to make it sound professional".. I know there were a few.. but collectively you guys have definitely thrown more into it to give me an insight of how to get there.

also, I'm not sure what I did to Line..

Joe

@ masterbeast/wintersnow

what the fuck is that about?
do you even know what im referring to?
if not then shut up if you dont know what your talking about
cause clearly you don't.

And yea, there were some asses that told me to fuck off
but that's cause they got nothing better to do then talk shit
cause someone asked a "dumb" fucking question.

I'm not even insulting the guys question

IIRC, you ask a beyond stupid question and the well established members called you out on cracked plugins, in which you coughed up attitude. The more mature and older members here don't bounce on people because they are bored, you gave them a reason.

But your response to what I said speaks many things unspoken about you and your maturity.

you came through in another thread insulting a new member for asking a stupid question even though your entry to this forum resulted in a small flame because you asked a stupid question, and then got vulgar when all I did was point out your hypocrisy. In no way did I came in attacking you and for that, your response was uncalled for.

Just calm down man, relax, and practice what you preach.

IIRC, you ask a beyond stupid question and the well established members called you out on cracked plugins, in which you coughed up attitude. The more mature and older members here don't bounce on people because they are bored, you gave them a reason.

But your response to what I said speaks many things unspoken about you and your maturity.

you came through in this thread insulting a new member for asking a stupid question even though your entry to this forum resulted in a small flame because you asked a stupid question, and then got vulgar when all I did was point out your hypocrisy. In no way did I came in attacking you and for that, your response was uncalled for.

Just calm down man, relax, and practice what you preach.

lol dude
first of all
i dont have cracked plugins
i use what pro tools has
i bought ozone
and im getting a p.t. production tool kit
so thats bullshit

second of all
if you check my first post again,
youll see i made an edit

that comment of the first impression thing was about ANOTHER thread

it was this one

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/562844-clipping-compression-both.html#post8857360

thats why i was skeptical about this guy
BUT, when douche bags were talking shit about me
some other people helped me out at the same time
i wanted to be the one to help him
that slipperman page i gave him really helped me on certain things
and it might help him

your recent post is a bunch of mumbo jumbo cause i am mature
but i dont like getting annoyed by people on the internet
cause theres obviously nothing i can do
but it also looks bad at the person saying the mean stuff cause their doing behind a computer screen and not infront of the person

talking shit on forums is easy
which is why i dont like it.

now lets keep this thread clean so this guy can get his question answered

lol dude
first of all
i dont have cracked plugins
i use what pro tools has
i bought ozone
and im getting a p.t. production tool kit
so thats bullshit

second of all
if you check my first post again,
youll see i made an edit

that comment of the first impression thing was about ANOTHER thread

it was this one

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/562844-clipping-compression-both.html#post8857360

thats why i was skeptical about this guy
BUT, when douche bags were talking shit about me
some other people helped me out at the same time
i wanted to be the one to help him
that slipperman page i gave him really helped me on certain things
and it might help him

your recent post is a bunch of mumbo jumbo cause i am mature
but i dont like getting annoyed by people on the internet
cause theres obviously nothing i can do
but it also looks bad at the person saying the mean stuff cause their doing behind a computer screen and not infront of the person

talking shit on forums is easy
which is why i dont like it.

now lets keep this thread clean so this guy can get his question answered

for some reason I thought that was this thread for a sec. But still you have to understand, and maybe you do , I don't know, but most of the more established members get hot when they see the same noob question every other day. The guys that helped you out were the ones that don't mind repeating themselves for now, but eventually they will resent answering the same questions bi-weekly.

@ wintersnow
yea i know its frustrating
but the whole point of this thread is to keep sharing updated tricks in and info to share for the world and our friends
if we dont answer these repeated questions, how will we help eachother on that sweeet new trick on micing cabs we learned last week or whatever ( an example )
you know?

and these established members
if their not here to help others and themselves on stuff their stuck on
then they the fuck are they even here?
you mean to tell me you never see Joey sturgis asking for help?
id say hes established.

established engineers getting fed up by repeating stuff,i think is bullshit
everyone needs help
and everyone SHOULD help eachother
if the good engineers are too established to help others by repeating something
then fuck them

but if its the same person asking the same thing... then thats a different bitch to fuck

@ masterbeast
exactly
whatever man, its a misunderstanding
fuck it

I haven't really read this thread
but they way you organize your sentences
makes me think that they are lyrics
or perhaps haiku

@ wintersnow
yea i know its frustrating
but the whole point of this thread is to keep sharing updated tricks in and info to share for the world and our friends
if we dont answer these repeated questions, how will we help eachother on that sweeet new trick on micing cabs we learned last week or whatever ( an example )
you know?

and these established members
if their not here to help others and themselves on stuff their stuck on
then they the fuck are they even here?
you mean to tell me you never see Joey sturgis asking for help?
id say hes established.

established engineers getting fed up by repeating stuff,i think is bullshit
everyone needs help
and everyone SHOULD help eachother
if the good engineers are too established to help others by repeating something
then fuck them

the same topic/question shouldn't be repeated every other day, it doesn't matter if its from a different person. Bottom line answering the same question over and over because some new guy comes in and is too lazy to use the search, is flat out annoying. your not going to learn anything new in the elementary subjects of AE by having the same question asked every other day.

Yes we should help each other, and that is what happens, but we really shouldn't have to weed through a pile of junk and repeat threads because the newbies are too lazy to use the search.

and saying things like fuck the established members for not wanting to repeat themselves and help others is doing nothing more than both shooting yourself in the foot, and digging your grave even deeper in the community as a whole. Maybe if you stick around long enough you will find out that when every week there comes a new member asking for Sturgis Pod presets because they don't want to use the search, you will get pretty ticked off too.

anyway we have taken up too much time on this subject which is off topic, I get pissed when I see thread go off topic, so I won't be a culprit of it.

I wasn't aware that it was a "stupid" question.. imo you can't have a stupid question.. someone either understands / knows something or they don't.

If they don't, they ask about it so that they then DO know about it.

If I'm asking how I would go about obtaining a deeper bass frequency..I don't understand how that is seen as stupid...

However I got a few handy tips and a hand shake to Andy and the others for sharing their thoughts..

This thread has turned or started turning into a stupid non-question related arguement, and because of that I wish to request for it to be closed.

Once again thanks to all who helped / offered their piece.

Joe

/Thread

I wasn't aware that it was a "stupid" question.. imo you can't have a stupid question.. someone either understands / knows something or they don't.

If they don't, they ask about it so that they then DO know about it.

If I'm asking how I would go about obtaining a deeper bass frequency..I don't understand how that is seen as stupid...

However I got a few handy tips and a hand shake to Andy and the others for sharing their thoughts..

This thread has turned or started turning into a stupid non-question related arguement, and because of that I wish to request for it to be closed.

Once again thanks to all who helped / offered their piece.

Joe

/Thread

dude
are you fuckin high man?
for the 5th time
i said NOTHING about your question being stupid

wow man

You know, every time I see the word "DEEP" in all-caps in the thread title, for some reason I always think about cavernous vaginal depth :headbang::lol:

dude
are you fuckin high man?
for the 5th time
i said NOTHING about your question being stupid

wow man

I wasn't referring to yourself.. so wow that someplace else man... it appears Winter thinks I'm "Lazy and unable to use a search button" and that my question was boring / stupid as it is asked every week..

I did use search or rather I went through 20 pages and found nothing relevant.. remind me what I'm supposed to be looking for?

I asked a question that I couldnt find in one single thread.. it was paced across many.. which to osme warrants the "it takes many things to have a deep mix" which is kinda like.. well no not really imo.

All it took was "boost around here, mic from around here and buy a bass speaker / monitor to mix better"

I got my answers and that was that...

I wasnt asking how to mix a track professionally was I? I asked how to get the "depth" or vaginal cavern of ear fuckery that is related to professional recordings.

But anyway rant over,

Joe

holy fuckin christ on mars
your just beating yourself with a dead hourse man
stop talking about, jeez

and your lack of "Depth"
chances are its not the sound source
get some decent monitor speakers
and get a decent room to mix in

if your serious enough
do the following

put wall treatment on the wal behind you
and the wall infront of you ( a.k.a behind your desk )
pull your mixing desk away from the wall untill your head (when your sitting on the disk in listening mode) is at about 30% of the room