How to get that professional DEEP sound?

Looks like I came to the right place.

1261852841650.jpg

I wasn't referring to yourself.. so wow that someplace else man... it appears Winter thinks I'm "Lazy and unable to use a search button" and that my question was boring / stupid as it is asked every week..

I did use search or rather I went through 20 pages and found nothing relevant.. remind me what I'm supposed to be looking for?

I asked a question that I couldnt find in one single thread.. it was paced across many.. which to osme warrants the "it takes many things to have a deep mix" which is kinda like.. well no not really imo.

All it took was "boost around here, mic from around here and buy a bass speaker / monitor to mix better"

I got my answers and that was that...

I wasnt asking how to mix a track professionally was I? I asked how to get the "depth" or vaginal cavern of ear fuckery that is related to professional recordings.

But anyway rant over,

Joe

I didn't say that your question was stupid because it wasn't. Unfortunately the question is too broad to give an indefinite helpful answer.

My rant on the lazy guys was towards LLR, which stated my frustration of the constant reanswering of elementary issues.

holy fuckin christ on mars
your just beating yourself with a dead hourse man
stop talking about, jeez

and your lack of "Depth"
chances are its not the sound source
get some decent monitor speakers
and get a decent room to mix in

if your serious enough
do the following

put wall treatment on the wal behind you
and the wall infront of you ( a.k.a behind your desk )
pull your mixing desk away from the wall untill your head (when your sitting on the disk in listening mode) is at about 30% of the room

The sound source is the culprit of a lack of depth almost every time. Get the mixes sounding as best as you can before you ever hit the record button, don't expect the engineer to fix the shortcomings after you have recorded, and don't expect that to be good practice.

and as for the acoustics, diffuser on the back wall, skyline diffusers on ceiling, mid-high frequency absorbers (or skyline diffusers, maybe even a blend of both) on the side walls and front wall, and bass traps in the corners.

I didn't say that your question was stupid because it wasn't. Unfortunately the question is too broad to give an indefinite helpful answer.

My rant on the lazy guys was towards LLR, which stated my frustration of the constant reanswering of elementary issues.

The sound source is the culprit of a lack of depth almost every time. Get the mixes sounding as best as you can before you ever hit the record button, don't expect the engineer to fix the shortcomings after you have recorded, and don't expect that to be good practice.

and as for the acoustics, diffuser on the back wall, skyline diffusers on ceiling, mid-high frequency absorbers (or skyline diffusers, maybe even a blend of both) on the side walls and front wall, and bass traps in the corners.

@Winter ahh I see, my bad.. sorry for that then :)

@Titface.. "if your pro get decent monitors"... you really cant read can you?

lets look at what I posted before you..

All it took was "boost around here, mic from around here and buy a bass speaker / monitor to mix better"

Holy shit.. what was that? A mention of getting good speakers?

I'm all for advice and beatings if or when I'm wrong.. but telling me to do something I've already posted on the same page and litterally one post before you?

Either learn to read or don't reply.. either way I'm far from taking your advice Line.

But anyway this is getting silly hahahaha I ask one thing and it turns into a fuckin bitch fest over nothing..

still waiting for this mess to be deleted :p

oh yea?
thats jokes

at least im a tit face with recordings with depth lol
name calling on this forum isnt acceptable budd

whats wrong with tits anyway?

Hahahahhaha, nice Jorge :lol: And thanks Marc, yeah, he's great for keeping me company while I'm mixing or recording, he's totally content just hanging out and getting petted occasionally :kickass:

@venemorte IMHO there is one link that maybe you have been missing. There is 2 very different things about mixing and mastering. The Professional albums make this 2 things separately in different studios and different engineers and there are tons of techniques and people who is specialized in each topic. To be honest with a decent pair of monitors you might hear what you are trying to mix but there is a lot of tricks that make the professional productions to have that "label" sound. In it in this case the depth of the sound or whatever. The point is that to get that sound, industry invest in a lot of expensive toys that individually doesn't make much the difference but all of this little expensive stuff summed makes the fucking difference.
Maybe you might be able to create a very balanced good mix but as Semi or non professional it's very hard to get that sound you want because you have invest in a recording like... 5k in all your equipment? while industry had invest hundreds also had years of experience. And this is not to disappoint you is just to get you tuned. I'm sure that if most of the people here that are trying to improve their mixes and making this questions could mix in a pro studio, they could learn faster and make their mixes sound as the pro albums they want to sound. Let's face it and keep learning all you can if your objective is to run your own studio business, but if it's just for fun just be aware the limitations you will have not being Pro. Also I have to remark that not because you have a pro studio you'll be able to handle it and create good stuff. It's just through experience, practice, ear skills and a good work environment (i.e. studio, hardware, equipment, etc) how you can take advantage of what you like to do and become good on it.

I hope it will clear things. I'm glad that there is people with the same questions here and people who take the time to answer.
PS. keep sharing tips!!!
Cheers!
sorry for my english!