how to make the ruler follow grid in project window, cubase?

Osse

Sep 15, 2009
Hello, I can't get the ruler to follow the chosen quantize value in cubase project window, any suggestions how to do this? I'm in cubase 4...

I need it when doing slip edits to see triplets and other values...

Also, am I supposed to manually make crossfades when doing slip edits or is this done automatically between each piece of audio?

Thanks!

Hello, I can't get the ruler to follow the chosen quantize value in cubase project window, any suggestions how to do this? I'm in cubase 4...

I need it when doing slip edits to see triplets and other values...

Also, am I supposed to manually make crossfades when doing slip edits or is this done automatically between each piece of audio?

Thanks!

There is a setting in the menu which enables auto crossfades globally for every project. You can't change the quantize view to a triplet grid in anything before c6. I have a work around but it's alittle difficult to type out if someone else doesn't chime in I suppose I can write it out or try to. Its not the quickest way I'm sure but it works.

The video in my signature below will show you how to enable the auto crossfades. Unfortunately, before version 6 you cannot see triplet grid on the project window.

Not the most elegant solution by a long shot, but it it works and I use it all the time in lack of something better:

* Create a midi track
* Draw in an empty midi event
* Activate Edit In Place, make the velocity edit part (the lower part on the track) as small as possible and set the track height to whatever you desire
* The track now shows your selected quantize grid

Not the most elegant solution by a long shot, but it it works and I use it all the time in lack of something better:

* Create a midi track
* Draw in an empty midi event
* Activate Edit In Place, make the velocity edit part (the lower part on the track) as small as possible and set the track height to whatever you desire
* The track now shows your selected quantize grid

Cool, gonna try it out!

Är det du som styr i spakarna i necromorbus? fan va häftigt.. :Spin: stort fan här!

The video in my signature below will show you how to enable the auto crossfades. Unfortunately, before version 6 you cannot see triplet grid on the project window.

Ok thanks!

if you have midi trigger signals, can you slip edit them simultaniously with the audio tracks?