Hows this for a bad day....

NathanSoulfracture

myspace.com/soulfracture
Aug 26, 2004
www.soulfracture.co.uk
So at music college we get free studio time, and at the end of the college year it gets harder and harder to book studio time because of everyone doing their assignments etc. so i managed to get 3 hours in the studio, the band im in managed to get Drums and Vocals laid down for 4 songs, so time passes by and weve got 30 minutes left so its time to pack up and back up, i went to burn each individual track onto a CD so i could mix them at home to my liking with all my plug-ins etc. i tried exporting the audio from the Hard-Drive recorder "there has been an unexpected error and this action cannot be performed" i try again, same error, now im starting to panic because its a friday and at the end of the day on a friday the Multi-track hard-drives get wiped, so i plough on try to get it working by restarting the hard-drive etc. still doesnt work, gets to 7:45 and people are waiting to use the studio and im like oh shit, all that works gonna be lost, what a bastard :OMG: o_O :err: by the end of it i had to just leave it and lose all the work, moral of the story? always be prepared and make sure shits working before you try using it, i dont suppose you wanna let us use your studio for a few hours do you andy? :tickled:

Been there, a couple of years ago I had the same experience at my school. I was mixing my final, had it down to the final and when I tried to burn it, I ended up with a bunch of coasters. What I did was find the tech who was locking up and wiping all of the hard drives and got him to save mine for an extra day so I could burn it the day after. It pays to get on the good side of the tech by rolling up cables the correct way.

Some similar happend to me with one of my old fucking Fostex D80, 3 years ago. Had to save the drum files to CD and during the process the HD fuckt up. Lost all the Drum tracks!!!! Fuck, that was embarrassing. :yell: :ill: :yuk: