Bad day in the studio: FUCKKKKKKKKKK

Yeah I'm fucking pissed off
Today I had a bad day in the studio, you know the days when if everything can go wrong then it will for sure!
I mean I got to my rehearsal space to track this dude, as soon I was setting up my rig I noticed I left home my fucking headphons!
My home is 25 mins from the rehearsal.
FUCKKKKKKKKK
then called my bro asking him if he get me the headphones.
my bro is always a kind guy so he did (thanks Kevin you're the best!)
As soon as the singer started singing he was annoyed because he couldn't get his singing as good as he wanted to be, so we encourage him to keep trying but to no avail.... FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
fucking bastards I don't charge people by hours, but by songs, and this dude is not the first time getting to the studio and always complaining being not that good... fucking pussies!!! I'm fucking sick of this shit
Studio is not waste of time, he has to do vocals for another 2 songs (3 total) and today he just sang the melody line of his vocal track to keep it as a reference so he can later sing the rest with "real words".
Then I got home sat down and said FUCK I put on the player "walk with me in hell" Dvd by LOG and as soon as I get to the chapter with italy I see the power of the venue wenting down and shit.... they said it was the worst date... they had to play with three members.. I remember that date I was there, but I didn't remember they played without bassplayer and the other Adler FUCK

Going ontopic, I mean I should start charge by hour it really irritates me when guys take it too easy... always complaining and shit!
I have to take the trip of fucking 25 mins just to give hima better place to track instead of my house and he gets there and acts like a pussy, always undecided, didn't make his mind and so on.
And of course I have always to deliver the best tones, fixing shit drummers shit and so on.
They always expect the best out of you!

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Thats a huge bummer. I hope my day doesn't go like that, so far the band I'm recording is half an hour late... I charge by the hour though, and I start the time from when they're supposed to be here, so i guess its their loss so far. Hopefully their lack of professionalism doesn't carry on throughout the day though.

I couldn't handle being taken advantage of time-wise by charging per song, you should change to per hour.

Hahahaha, forgive me for laughing dude, but it's kind of that laughing in disbelief at how shitty your situation is (though I don't quite get how Lamb of God fits into the equation ;)). Btw, I love how you've got this awesome Italian name (Maurizio) and your bro is named Kevin :lol: And yeah, totally charge by the hour I'd say, unless it's people you know will get their shit done!

Well Marcus: LOG gets dind't get into the equation of course, well I was pissedoff so watching LOG not being happy about that date in Milan didn't make me happy ahhaahh lol.
Yeah my mom watched at that time a soap opera and really loved the name: KEVIN FERRERO seem like a mobster name lol

p.s. LOG DVD just rules

Fat Tony? :lol:

220px-The_Simpsons-Fat_Tony.png

Yeah I'm fucking pissed off

fucking bastards I don't charge people by hours, but by songs, and this dude

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

imagine all that! and that the bass player has a $2.000 dollars bass guitar.. and the guitar player has to record the bass part off all the songs!! -after doing 120809 bass takes in protools with the bass player.. he couldnt play one of the parts in every song..

and then after you record all the songs and start bouncing the wavs the next day at the studio to take them home, in your own mixing place you realize that you forgot to burn some vocals of 1 songs!... thats cute!

cheers to that ha!

oh and at least they pay me all before start mixing! you should do that when you track a minimal amount of songs like 3 to 5 :)

Definitely charge by the hour and if they want discounts tell them they'll get X free hours if they pay for Y hours in advance.

My rule: charge by hour for tracking, charge by package (demo, single, ep, album) for mixing and/or mastering.

Never had a problem (fuckkkk), even with smart asses.