Hurricane Sandy

Still no power since Monday. Things are clearing up but this sucks. Cell service was out for the first 3 days and is still sketchy. Hope everyone else is ok.

I'm in the same boat as you Bryan. I have been staying at my girlfriends house all week and she hasn't had power since Monday. I know Verizon lost 100 cell towers so cell service isn't working so well. My studio finally regained power today so now I'm posted up here eating rice, captain crunch, mac n cheese and starbucks frappuccino's for the rest of the night working on some prepro. My girlfriend talked to some of the power line dudes on the side of the road and they said people in my county (Hunterdon) might now have power until thanksgiving due to some super important infrastructure being obliterated. Fucking A.

On the bright side it only took me an hour and a half to get gas the other day because of the lines. 3 people were arrested, yes arrested, for beating the ever living shit out of each other over who was first in the gas line.

I just read an article about portions of NJ possibly not getting power until the end of the month - bloody hell! My hopes are they are setting the bar low and hoping to deliver high and those of you without power will get it back as soon as possible. During Irene and the October snowstorm last year I had a total of 13 days without power but at least that was split up 5-6 weeks apart - having at all at once probably would have had me flying down to Florida where my parents now live.

Sending my best wishes out to those still managing the aftermath of Sandy.

STILL nothing here. Another 24 hours or so will mark 7 days.

Getting really old.

I don't mind not having juice for a few hours or a day here and there, but for a week.....gah!!

studio still no power except one outlet in the hallway somehow and its shaky. no gas anywhere also. sucks.

drove by a gas station there were people sleeping in cars for 8 blocks waiting for gas shipments.