HUUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEE Snare Sound?

And then I assume you obviously blend that with the real snare hit?
Haha dude, If I would have known about this earlier, it would have saved me SOO much trouble haha

By the way, what Overheads and room mics do you prefer to use, Joey? Just wondering, coz I'm looking for a really good pair that will actually last me haha.

this is the description of what was used to record the sample off of Joeysturgis.com

The snare was recorded using a modified sm57, two nuemann km184's, and a RODE tube mic. The sm57 and nuemann's were ran through an API 3124 mic pre, and the RODE Tube mic was ran through a Great River ME-1NV mic pre.

57 on the snare, nuemanns are OHs and the RODE is the room mic.

dunno if he used a different mic for that huge snare room but hope this helps a bit.

Holy crap. I could never afford to get a pair of those haha
Would a pair of KSM 32's suffice? Kinda for that really compressed cymbal sound I'm going for and to bring the kit alive. Because right now I am running completely triggered, and it just doesnt give me the "it" factor.

(I realize this a bit off-topic, but I dont want to start a new thread entirely just for this simple question)

Holy crap. I could never afford to get a pair of those haha
Would a pair of KSM 32's suffice? Kinda for that really compressed cymbal sound I'm going for and to bring the kit alive. Because right now I am running completely triggered, and it just doesnt give me the "it" factor.

(I realize this a bit off-topic, but I dont want to start a new thread entirely just for this simple question)

c42

i bought these a while ago... they have a response similar to the vintage km84.

given the right preamp/gain-stage/converter combo ...i believe you can achieve the sound you are looking for.

*don't ever let price deter you because their is always a cheaper/possibly better alternative. :)

Hmm, looks like a pretty sweet selection there.

So would you prefer a small diaphragm condenser for overheads over a large diaphragm, or vice versa?

i have used ...matched: u87/c414/st221/km84/km184... etc. etc. etc.

it really depends on the room/drummer/drum kit/cymbal arrangement etc etc etc.

but yes... i do like small-cap omni or card. for overheads. :)

*namely matched km84 w/ GML8302.

No, I use the TRIGGER tci's now but before that I was loading the WAVs in ApTrigga

Sorry to revive this, but I'm triggering SSD wavs in Aptrigga and i'm getting horrible machine gun...what did you use to do to prevent it? Mind you, it's all midi

^ You have to really play around with the midi's vilocities, and even at that it still doesnt sound to human to my ears.

Sorry to revive this, but I'm triggering SSD wavs in Aptrigga and i'm getting horrible machine gun...what did you use to do to prevent it? Mind you, it's all midi

you have to use different samples. i think you can use up to 9 in aptrigga and trigger them in random mode.

you have to use different samples. i think you can use up to 9 in aptrigga and trigger them in random mode.

i actually use dynamic mode so it triggers according to the velocity i've assigned the midi note,
but 9 samples doesn't offer enough variation for the full velocity range of the samples ("ultra soft" to "crack", a total of 46 samples in SSD i believe).

has anyone managed to successfully use aptrigga with these or any snare samples?

if you bought ssd you have the kontakt player that came with it and don´t need aptrigga when you have midi drums.