Hypnotize/Mesmerize

Spreadingthe Living312 said:
SOAD sucks and anyone who worships them, I condemn them to an eternal assfuckage. I'd rather listen to some Destruction. :headbang:
I totally agree! I dont get it. What is it about this band that people like? It is some of the stupidest music i've ever heard. Whatever.:puke: :puke: :puke:

Not my favorite. Although, the time I saw them they had great Energy.

Lets put on our muscle shirts and keep screaming these guys suck :Spin:

jpike said:
I totally agree! I dont get it. What is it about this band that people like? It is some of the stupidest music i've ever heard. Whatever.:puke: :puke: :puke:

I guess its a matter of taste - I can see why ppl either love or hate this band.

BTW Spreading - I expected nothing more intelligent in your reply ;)

Self titled/Toxcicity were cool. I hate mezmerize and can take or leave hypnotize for this reason,

that fucking guitar player. He needs to calm the fuck down and play guitar rather then singing, playing all the damn bass parts, writing (stupid) words, and most of all SINGING. I hate that little bitches voice! Serj has a unique way of singing which is pretty cool. Daron is just annoying. Also his guitar tone suddenly sucks. what's with that? hopefully someone'll knock some sense into them and they can get back to doing pseudo-psychedelic chugga metal like they did before.

Drokk said:
Dude, don't you know about the controversial Armenian Genocide of 1916 (year?), perpetrated by the Turks (officially recognized by the EU and the US)? System have taken up this cause, so it stands to reason that they wouldn't go to Turkey.

yeah right!!!
believe me i know about all the genocides that the Turks have made.
dont forget Greece was 400!!!! years under the Turks
but what has to do with the Turkish soad fans.?
Because their grandfathers were killers doesnt mean that we have isolate them.
the new generations dont worth this kind of racism

DO NOT BLAME SIMPLE PEOPLE ABOUT WAR
ITS ALL ABOUT GOVERMENT AND ARMY

Jono said:
I haven't listened to the newest album aside from the song they have a video for. wanna hear some real rebelious badass metal? listen to Pro-Pains new album.
-Jono-

you said it man!!
PRO-PAIN

efkarpos said:
yeah right!!!
believe me i know about all the genocides that the Turks have made.
dont forget Greece was 400!!!! years under the Turks
but what has to do with the Turkish soad fans.?
Because their grandfathers were killers doesnt mean that we have isolate them.
the new generations dont worth this kind of racism

DO NOT BLAME SIMPLE PEOPLE ABOUT WAR
ITS ALL ABOUT GOVERMENT AND ARMY

There's widespread denial of the genocide in Turkey, though. I agree you shouldn't blame grandchildren for what their grandparents did, but when lies are still being perpetrated a century later, there's a problem. (I don't claim to be any expert on the situation though.)

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I strongly disagree. I can't stand these albums. The first SOAD album is a masterpiece, they used to be amazing but now they have gotten more mainstream and are going for some coin. The newer shit doesn't even come close to comparing to the s/t album material. Toxicity is pretty good too, but if I never hear the newer stuff again it will be to soon.

I have always hated their politics though.. especially after 9/11. These guys were born and raised in los angeles and act like they are some poor armenians

I've got one thing to say to that..so what if they were raised in la big fucking deal at least they care about their heritage..are you retarded, they havent gone mainstream for more koin more people how like them are calling radiostations to get them to play their music..:hotjump: :yell:

I bought Mesmerize for $10 Canadian, which was about $10 American more than it was worth. I tried listening to it a couple times to give it the benefit of the doubt, but IMO it was unlistenable garbage, so I'm not going to waste any further money on them. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, I'm just saying we have very different tastes.

supporting Clutch! that will ROCK ON TOAST! but not as much as a re-reunion Anthrax gig featuring the stellar line up of Bush Benante Bello Caggiano and Ian. but I know when im pushing my luck

stomp224 said:
supporting Clutch! that will ROCK ON TOAST! but not as much as a re-reunion Anthrax gig featuring the stellar line up of Bush Benante Bello Caggiano and Ian. but I know when im pushing my luck

Ah, horses for courses. Crowbar playing the uk too soon, supporting *wince* some fucking noise band or other. I'll be there for the 'bar, and then fuck off to the bar!

I saw the reunion show, and it kicked major ASS!!!

Both line ups are great - I just hope they figure out a way to keep both of them alive...

they will genetically engineer the pair of them into a SUPER EGO SINGER the size of the dinozords from power rangers and it will be named JOEOHN!:OMG:
It will malfunction occasionally and make the joey song sound like his balls:yuk: dropped, or the john songs sound like his nutsack was kidnapped.:erk:
mere teething problems! they will be sorted by the end of the 2016 world tour!:headbang:

I have been listening since they came out. I thought every album had it's good and bad moments.

Speaking from a musicians perspective, their ability to play and to write music has grown much. They have arrangments that are close to perfect.

I'd like to say they got more mainstream, but I don't think that is so much true. Absolutley they have gotten more popular, but I think it's really the scene that is shifting. I have noticed a big difference in the scene around here the lst five years. Kids and young adults are finally starting to open their minds and they are listening to all sorts of crazy shit. There are even some straight up metal bands in my area now. 5 years ago - no way, if you were metal you were shut out. I only know this because I have a band, and we are turning 5 soon, and we have lived through all the changes so far.

I really like Mesmerize - I thought it was their best effort so far. There was actually a central theme and message (exclude a couple songs, haha) on that record. The arrangments were pure gold, the riffs have gotten much better, all in all a very enjoyable record for me.

Hypnotize I didn't like so much, at least not yet. I have only spun it twice, maybe it will click one day. But as of right now, I feel that they should have released these two records in reverse order. Hyp seems like it has a lot less heart in it.

"Sad Statue" - my favorite song of Mesmerize.

are coc really supporting clutch, i am going to that show purely for clutch, i hardly know any coc.....but i understood it was a double header, i hope clutch are the headline cos i just love that band soooooooooooo much i want them to have the longer set, defo be there for coc tho

and i am gonna see crowbar too, but again this is supposedly a double header, and i am off for the quote..."*wince* some fucking noise band or other" which is actually... will haven, they have just got back together and i am absolutely busting to see them again, its been years and they are shit hot esp live.....a truly great band, tho i agree pairing them up with crowbar is a really weird move, dont mix at all........

what with clutch n coc, sick of it all, soulfly, crowbar and will haven.....2006 is lookin a shitload better for gigs in london already

Carcassian said:
Ah, horses for courses...
QUESTION! Is that British English for the Yank idiom "different strokes for different folks"? It rolls off the tongue much nicer. I teach English so I've got to know.