Hypocrites?

inb4 flame war

tumblr_m77yan7Ss61qmt5mvo1_500.gif

yeah right...cause everyone who ever played a nazi in a movie wanted to kill all the jews in real life too.
Schwarzenegger's a cybernetic organism with living tissue over an metal endoskeleton too, fo real!

yeah right...cause everyone who ever played a nazi in a movie wanted to kill all the jews in real life too.
Schwarzenegger's a cybernetic organism with living tissue over an metal endoskeleton too, fo real!
Facepalm...
It is not that they have the same views as all the movie characters they played.
It is their lack of objections against working on creating highly violent content vs their pro gun control message in that ad.
Which is a prime example of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

I don't really see that an action movie is trivializing gun safety or glorifying violence. I don't really think the charge of hypocrisy really stands. Having real world concerns and engaging in creativity and fantastical pursuits such as making movies (or making video games, music, paintings, etc..) isn't an act of hypocrisy to me.

This video uses the same stupid logic that PETA and the PMRC uses in order to ban creative freedom/expression, and I for one have no respect for it.

Kids dying in a movie and kids dying in real life are two different things.
Guns being widespread in movies and being widepread in the real world are two different things.

It is their lack of objections against working on creating highly violent content

Again...

Guns being widespread in movies and being widepread in the real world are two different things.

I don't really see what is so difficult to understand about this. You and I engage in fantastical things every day of our lives, that if we did in reality, would be wholy objectionable and would break many laws.

They're not hypocrites. Thinking they are is just a mind numbling simplistic viewpoint and symtomatic of an us VS them mentality.

Actors always jump on some cause every other week. Its mostly a PR stunt to make themselves look good. In the end money talks, they don't have any moral objection to the violence in the movies they play because they are making money, they say they are against real violence because the are making money and making themselves look like humanitarians. Actors and other celebrities are so far separated form the rest of society they couldn't even empathize with the large majority if they truly tried, or at least most of them.

As for gun laws and violence. I said all that I could in the Sandy Hook shooting thread. Right after that thread though I did come a cross a video that reiterated everything I said that got me called a modern day cowboy. Maybe I didn't articulate myself correctly or some were selectively reading what I wrote. But here is a great video on the topic, with the same research that I did when the last thread was around.

Also, of all hypocrites, the mother of gun control who conceal carries:

Last edited by a moderator:
Facepalm...
It is not that they have the same views as all the movie characters they played.
It is their lack of objections against working on creating highly violent content vs their pro gun control message in that ad.
Which is a prime example of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

Facepalm Facepalm ...

if someone can't distinguish between entertainment and the repurcussions of its imitation in reality, they're already fried in the head as it is and no amount of action movie boycotting on the part of the actors will change that because YOU'RE NOT APPEALING TO A RATIONAL MIND IN THE 1ST PLACE

Really it is the exact same type of hypocrisy like when a politician or a priest always attacks gays in all his speeches and then in disguise goes out to fuck some pretty young boys every saturday night...
Saying one thing and doing the totally opposite thing = hypocrisy.
Yes i know some here are not bright enough to know hypocrisy when they see it.

if they were doing it FOR REAL it would by hypocritical you dunce

a politician attacking gays in public policy and sucking dick privately is doing it FOR REAL

Sly shooting 30 people in the head in the Expendables is FICTION

if someone like Angelina Jolie does a movie where her character hates children, that doesn't make her a fucking hypocrite

being found abusing her kids in real life would make her one

if they were doing it FOR REAL it would by hypocritical you dunce

a politician attacking gays in public policy and sucking dick privately is doing it FOR REAL

Sly shooting 30 people in the head in the Expendables is FICTION

if someone like Angelina Jolie does a movie where her character hates children, that doesn't make her a fucking hypocrite

being found abusing her kids in real life would make her one

Making a movie that glorifies violent behavior is doing a very real thing that not only changes world culture, but also changes how some people think.
Heat, North Hollywood shootout.

And what you wrote shows that just don't even want to understand what i am talking about, you just want to argue with me.
As always i am saying "A = 1" and you are saying "no ! B = 2". :lol:

You don't have a direct correlation or anything causal so it's not an argument for anything really; it's more like 1 + B = A.

On that note I watched the Hobbit the other day and I've been having this irresistible urge to live in a hole, follow around tall grey men and fuck hairy footed midgets.