I agree with someone on the internet and I want you to shit on my face

Here's what's wrong with what this guy said about each band, IMO:

Dethklok is a joke band, so the quality of their music is irrelevant.

Ulver had nothing to do with hipster culture until the hipsters came to them. Kristofer Rygg just likes to experiment with music and has no desire to be painted into a corner.

Cannibal Corpse: Saying they aped Malevolent Creation and Suffocation is like saying that Tesla ripped off Edison. They were contemporaries, for fuck's sake!

Cradle of Filth:

For rebels who want to be extreme, when really it’s just Iron Maiden with fast melodic death metal riffs using the pentatonic scale.

Dude knows nothing about musical composition.

Opeth: Actually, their songs do develop and aren't just a random wank fest.

Enslaved: See CoF above.

Necrophagist: I've never, ever been reminded of Nine Inch Nails while listening to this band.

Cynic: Why is fusion of jazz and metal a bad thing?

Meshuggah: See Cynic.

Baroness: This band is not the Backstreet Boys, i.e. they are not the product of record execs looking to make a buck.

Boris: Black metal? Really?

In Flames: Never sounded anything like Dissection, and this dildo throws around the Iron Maiden comparisons too much.

Pantera: The blues influence was always there, as was the Metallica. He blasts overly technical shit like Opeth and Necrophagist and then laments Pantera being to simple. Pick a side.

Wolves in the Throne Room: I really doubt that Xtians would appreciate WITTR's opinion of the superiority of nature over civilization.

Sunn o))): I actually agree.

Katatonia: Again, accusing said band of ripping off bands that actually rip them off.

I was commenting on "this dildo throws around the Iron Maiden comparisons too much".

If there's anything I agree with in this shitpile of an article, it's the Iron Maiden comparisons, in regards of both CoF and In Flames.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy has some good points which he takes over the top in order to troll. He's writing as if bands/listeners are ignorant of influences. Everyone knows In Flames is just a heavier Iron Maiden, that Opeth sound like a prog rock band a lot of the time, and that Meshuggah is purely rhythm based. That's what all those bands are trying to do, they're not tricking anyone. If you like it you like it.

I was commenting on "this dildo throws around the Iron Maiden comparisons too much".

If there's anything I agree with in this shitpile of an article, it's the Iron Maiden comparisons, in regards of both CoF and In Flames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adjFhVeOvzs

Oh, my bad. Right on then.

Guy has some good points which he takes over the top in order to troll. He's writing as if bands/listeners are ignorant of influences. Everyone knows In Flames is just a heavier Iron Maiden, that Opeth sound like a prog rock band a lot of the time, and that Meshuggah is purely rhythm based. That's what all those bands are trying to do, they're not tricking anyone. If you like it you like it.

Okay.

This is what I found somewhere on last.fm and at first I thought it would make me angry as fuck if I read that. Overviews like this are usually full of incorrect thoughts and I don't even know how I ended up on a page like that. However, I found myself agreeing on most of those statements. I know that a lot of people here wouldn't like it and that's exactly why I'm posting it - so their sweaty butts get uncomfortable and try to fight for Opeth and Meshuggah as always. This should entertain me for a while.

I don't care who wrote this, but it's nice imo.

Enjoy.

5:35

Last edited by a moderator: