i also got a jet city :3

That was fast man :), funny that every review i read about these amps says that it`s not a metal amp, nobody mentioned sofar in the reviews that boosted it can do realy nice Hi gain tones...
I Want a tube head so badly,but now i am hesitating between this the TinyT and the chinese 6505+ combo.
I realy like the sound clips you made!

bahaha dude you need that mesa cab thats where all that tone is coming from

yea i know :(

unfortunately i prob. won't be able to afford that until i get my bonus next spring...but that shit's gonna be like $8k, so i don't think i'll have any problems squeezing a mesa out of it

lol@all the reviews on MF which all say this doesn't have enough gain for hard rock/metal

was a boost used on those clips, or was it the amp alone?

I might be a bit off on some of the finer details, but from what I've gathered, the thing is that the rectified higain guitar tone we know as "modern heavy guitar tone" is largely based on combination of diode and triode clipping, so thats why solid state distortion pedals (like Tubescreamer) on extreme settings can help almost any modern amp with powertubes sound closer to the "modern heavy guitar tone". Daunt did a blind comparison between 5150 and Metalzone + curve eq + impulse, and 70% of the people guessed wrong. But the tubes are used to take the really harsh edge away what the solid state parts make.

congrats Ryan! Sounds good ! :D I'm not familiar with this amp so first I though "Hey! thats not a bugera!" :p

I might be a bit off on some of the finer details, but from what I've gathered, the thing is that the rectified higain guitar tone we know as "modern heavy guitar tone" is largely based on combination of diode and triode clipping, so thats why solid state distortion pedals (like Tubescreamer) on extreme settings can help almost any modern amp with powertubes sound closer to the "modern heavy guitar tone". Daunt did a blind comparison between 5150 and Metalzone + curve eq + impulse, and 70% of the people guessed wrong. But the tubes are used to take the really harsh edge away what the solid state parts make.

No words can express how I feel after hearing this.

miced up or fx send into one of your impulses??

if not, can you run it into one of your impulses? I curious of that tone too.

I also noticed you like your bass knob to the max on both 5150 and the 333....is that really how you are running those?

I also noticed you like your bass knob to the max on both 5150 and the 333....is that really how you are running those?

+1

I'm interested in knowing if you can use this amp direct and then add impulses in your DAW.

Also, will this amp be added to your list of reamping amps now?

There is no effects loop in this amp.

So you wouldn't be able to run this direct into your interface?

655736.jpg

gonna go with "nope" on that one!