I am looking for bands similar to Amon Amarth.

i've seen several topics on different message boards asking the same thing (i myself asked it a couple times b4) the answer as alays been: none... or at the very least "none as good as AA" or something to that effect. makes it a bitch to find more bands of that type of style & lyrics. lol

Listen to Insomnium, trust me when I say you will love them.
http://www.myspace.com/insomniumband

Agreed! Looking forward to their new album in a couple months :kickass:

Another band I really enjoy are Kromlek, a bit more folk sounding on a few songs than AA but you have the deep growls and similar content. A couple of my favourites at the moment:

Strandhagg Pt. II - Wave Bound:​

Strandhagg Pt. III - The Landing​

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
i also agree that Insomnium & God Dethroned are good bands.. so check them out, if ya haven't already... god dethroned's newest album (Passiondale) is really good, allof heir albums are prety good, but i like that passiondale is a concept abum about WW1.. it's a nice touch, imo.

Try "Forefather" or "Wolves Of Hate" - Forefather especially, play a mix of death metal tinged with folk elements and even sing some lyrics in Old (Anglo-Saxon) English, their latest album, "Steadfast" is well worth checking out, hope you enjoy it!

Check out Elite from Norway, ther're pretty good. Its black metal though but with good atmosphere. Also you can check out our profile on MySpace. We're recording our debut CD which will be released this autumn, but there are some songs online that might give you an idea of the sound of the CD.

Hails and horns up high!

holy crap it's you again!

I cut my hair!!!:ill: Hopefully I look less like a girl now.
Billede.jpg

Seawolves want to be Amon Amarth very badly. But they are not. Not even close. But they want so badly...if only they could drop the gay jollyfolk shit.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK6deFBXbxA&feature=related[/ame]
This one is alright. Poor vocals. Musically, this is stuff that AA would play, but structure-wise they're not there yet.