I am looking for bands similar to Amon Amarth.

Yeah, the other stuff I listened to added in some gay jollyfolk and violin. If AA were to cease existing, I'd listen to these guys, but as long as they're still around there's really no point for these guys to try.

someone's asking for a meatspin......

ensiferum is a nice complement to aa's epic feel. some of the choruses are a lot of fun to belt out on the highway... with your kid in the back seat :headbang:

turisas has an album which describes a long journey, each song is a different stop along the way:

and they have a cute chick on the button box

i heard just a snippet of eluivetie and it seems to hold some promise; snagged a couple albums but haven't been able to listen to them yet.

dammit i wish i had found this thread before i went back on my (metered) mobile internet account. i have been craving some new music; can't wait to check this stuff out.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're pretty mediocre, though...they suck at ripping off AA.

lol.. I just love these nerdy internet people like you, who accuse bands of ripping other bands off. I guess you never played an instrument yourself... Battlesword never tried to rip Amon Amarth off. Actually it was the reviews and their label which promoted them as the german answer to Amon Amarth. But still I agree that no band can do this sound better than Amon Amarth did on their first four albums.

:headbang:

Well i have a band here , its only band for me that is VERY similar to amon amarth, its a Finnish(or german?) band called STRYDEGOR, the vocal are veeeeery similar the only diference is sometimes the growls are more agressive, the instrumental is more to viking metal but have some similars amon amarth riffs:kickass:
here:

Reactions: grivera503
Oh Yeah...Strydegor are pretty good. Ravens over Midgard is a killer song. Sadly their lead guitarist died in a car accident last year. Rest in Valhall, man :(

Apart from this sad story I got another contribution to this thread: Legacy of Vydar. German Band I discovered recently. Though there is only a four song EP so far I must say they sound really good. Hope they will do an album some time in the future ;)

I think they're still together. I didn't read about a split or something. Though it may take a while before they do some new stuff. Only too well understandable.

AAAAAAAHHHHHH wtf!!!

eluveitie is opening up for aa on the american tour... and they're booked to play cleveland on 4/20, but aa is not playing that night ?!?!?!

Yeah Eluveitie throw in a few headlining shows on the "off dates" of the tour. That's why there's only Eluveitie on some dates ;).

But that's got nothing to do with this thread, or am I wrong? :lol:

You know. It really doesn't make any sense trying to find bands that sounds or even attempts to reap AA off. There simply aren't any! Period.

I wouldn't say that. There are definately a few bands out there that are strongly influenced by AA. Of course none of them get it done as perfect as Amon, but well...let 'em try. There are some good efforts out there that are worth listening too.

Apart from that this Thread is pretty useful to find bands that you might like if you like AA, though they'Re not sounding the same. :cool:

Well I’ve got to admit.:Spin:
Nice work guys in finding them.:kickass:

Both Legacy of Vydar (Germany), Unleashed (Sweden), Heathen Foray (Austria) and Strydegor (Germany) sound great. Especially Legacy of Vydar and Unleashed.
Nice work guys in finding them.