I am not particularly sure if anyone has happened to notice this

yea maj, i would say thats the best one. I just wish the guy would fix the shape of his nose and do something different with mikes mouth.. too bad he did it in pen hehe

Rose Immortal said:
The one of Peter Lindgren shows a lot of talent...what's especially cool is when you look at just how few lines the guy actually used in order to do it. Especially with the faces, that's a real accomplishment.
Contour lining... i had problems learning that because i have a real bad tendency to shade. That guy definately knows how to draw faces though, and they are no doubt the hardest things to draw on a person. GJ to him.

I'm not sure these particular drawings were ever intended as submissions for the album-art contest in the first place...although I could definitely see the Lindgren one occurring in the booklet somewhere.

suislidE--Have you taken art lessons? I ask because I'm curious exactly what sort of lessons you took. I draw as a hobby, but I've hit a point where I'm not improving anymore. :-/

i dont think that the "possibles" would be posted on the website...no offense to those who drew them (if this is being read by those who drew them)...and i agree with deliverance...i don't think that the drawings will be used on the album cover...then again, ya never know...im gonna give this drawing thing a shot...how fucking cool would it be to win this thing?

jaykeegan said:
I am not particularly sure if anyone has happened to notice this, But there is a new batch of drawings that have been applied to www.opeth.com recently. Some of these peices really display some extreme talent.

They are as follows:

daniela.jpg

johnny_caruth.jpg

ofer.jpg

ranjoy.jpg

tamz.jpg

woolf.jpg

yogev.jpg

What the hell are you talking about? All of those are terrible fanboy crap drawings that look really amateurish.

This first one and the second to last are the best ones. They aren't anywhere near good enough to be an albumn cover however.

I would assume they would put one in a booklet maybe, but not the cover (at least I hope not). A drawing on the cover would just ruin the whole effect.:erk:

has anyone else noticed, the bottom right face in the second drawing appears to be steven wilson....somebody really did their homework on that one...

sorrowblue said:
some of them seem good but whats that warrior like guy with a opeth logo on top his head? I think that logo should be replace with the manowar's :)

The warrior makes it seem as though Opeth is some sort of D&D supplemen....