I am so pissed!

after i wrote parental greg and i was thinking about it, i actually thought: "hey, when he has kids he WILL be parental greg! HA!" but then i realized that PG doesn't really stand for parental greg...and...um...

:erk:

It's ok. Nobody likes me, everybody hates me

modungee

I could care less

Kayo Dot rocks! This is the most awesomeest band I have heard in years. I could care less if you like me or not. I am doing everything I can to promote this band. And I'm doing it because I believe in it, not because I am being paid, and not because they asked me to, ok? So fuck off if you don't like it.

In the meantime, I am bringing some hotshot promoters to the gig at Hampshire College. So I ask you, what are you doing to promote this awesome band?

:silence:

If you are not doing what you can, don't you think you should back off of me and hit on someone who isn't doing anything at all?

I play Kayo Dot for my 5 friends and make them like it. Forced taste is key in today's music world.

fidla said:
WTF?

How come we don't have a current gig list here for KD?

I have to go to Mia's MySpace to get it or whatever. I think that's stoopid.

Also, I thinkyou dudes better update yer website. It's like totally non-interactive? WTF? Better website dudes. Need more recordings, updated concert list, better band bios, more photos and I hate the graphics they are so nonsensical. You should post all articles written about you here too. There's been some great reviews. Let's read them on your site, don't make us google you.

Get yer shit together.
Sorry dude but what's above is not a very constructive criticism and how you love the band and promote doesn't change the fact that all those things you say are baseless and don't take under consideration what kind of band Kayo Dot is. This is not supposed to be Britney Spear's website, and the tour dates are clearly identified on the site. If you pay them a salary for 6 months to write and record a new album you are gonna have new recordings, until then listen to CotE. There is a reason why there are no pics of the band. You hate the graphics, good for you.

not when you're thinking like a promoter. Promoters want to fill seats, chairs. They want to see gig lists, news, reviews, pics. I hate it when a band doesn't have shit posted on their website. KD has a myriad of positive articles and some excellent photos, but nothing on the website. What the fuck is that about? Don't they want to work? Doesn't Toby want his tunes to get out there? I don't understand that. I've been doing this now for 38 years. I think about this stuff all the time.

fidla said:
fuck you

who the fuck are you?

what are YOU doing to promote the band?
You are quite an eloquent fellow aren't you? I am the person in front of the computer that is going to post via numerous layer-3 switches and routers a message on this message board. Who are you BTW?

I am doing the best I can. I make friends listen to the record, I have a booking agent ready to book a show for the band the minute the band tells me go. I made sure every record store I know had the record on their shelves. I have hosted the live radio show, I have given the record a very positive review for my site. I think that's it.

Your argumentation is flawed from the get go. promoters couldn't care less about the band's website. As long as it gives accurate info and is visually pleasing its ok. A bunch of bands use very streamlined websites for their promotion and it doesn't seem to affect them.

wendy5.jpg
= fidla

He's unofficial.