I am so pissed!

grandmother.jpg

I haven't posted in awhile because I am generally annoyed with humanity but this thread upset me enough to bring me out of hiding.

Fidla, if there was anything even REMOTELY polite about how you are stating your "points" the band would be more than happy to take your suggestions. They are extremely open minded and always glad to accept any help and advice they can get. But seeing as all you are doing is insulting an entire community of people, and from there moving down to the oh so original racial issues and individual insults, we are no longer willing to listen.

We as a group all do our parts in supporting this band. Maybe we don't get "hot shot promoters" to their shows, maybe we don't have the best websites, or the best strategies, but we have fun doing what we're doing. And I say we, because I feel like KD is a group effort between the band and the friends/fans who support them. As long as they are happy, they are having fun doing what they love to do then that is all that matters. Why you have decided to take it upon yourself to critisize everything they do will forever be beyond me. Maybe I'm just dense like everyone else you have decided to insult, maybe I "just don't get it". But I think it is YOU that are out of the loop and not understanding what this band, this forum, this community is really about. Re-evaluate your perspective.

FalseTodd said:
That's super awesome you said that. thanks.

Not just that part, the whole paragraph is brilliant. Couldn't be clearer or truer. Like you say, everyone I know who likes KD has done some grassroots for them at some point or another... without bashing the band in the process.

Badgers Edge Wildcats, 9-7

TUCSON, Ariz. - Two scores in the fourth quarter were enough for the University of Wisconsin’s 20th/21st-ranked football team to overcome an 88-minute weather delay and a strong Arizona defense to pull out a 9-7 triumph Saturday at Arizona Stadium.

Tailback Booker Stanley led all rushers with 135 yards and got the Badgers (3-0) their first points with a seven-yard run 39 seconds into the fourth. Although Mike Allen missed the ensuing extra point attempt, he made a 23-yard field goal 10 minutes later to put UW ahead for good.

Wisconsin’s defense, which allowed just 199 yards of offense by the Wildcats (1-2), did the rest, including making crucial stops from as deep as its own 36-yard line late in the game to force Arizona to attempt a 47-yard field goal, which went wide left.

Quarterback John Stocco was 12-of-24 for 116 yards and made several fourth-down conversions, including a pass to Owen Daniels on fourth-and-five in the fourth quarter.

Stocco’s counterpart, Kris Heavner, was 9-of-15 for 103 yards and threw one touchdown, which put Arizona on the board first.

The first half was a display of defense, as both teams had to punt several times. After the Badgers forced a three-and-out to proceed a lost fumble on their previous possession, the light drizzle that came with the start of the game turned into heavy downpours and lighting, causing a long stoppage of play with 6:13 left to go in the second quarter.

When play finally resumed, Arizona eventually got the ball back and scored when Heavner tossed a 44-yard touchdown pass to Mike Jefferson. The half ended with the ’Cats up, 7-0.

During the weather delay, both coaches agreed to skip halftime, and thus the third quarter began following a five-minute break.

Late in the third, UW mounted a drive that carried over to the final period and ultimately led to Stanley’s first touchdown of the season.

After forcing a punt, the Badgers got the ball back, and with a 72-yard drive that included two fourth-down conversions, they got the game-winning score from Allen’s field goal.

When Arizona kicker Nick Folk’s field goal attempt failed to clear the up rights, the Badgers were able to take a knee to capture their first road victory of 2004.

The Badgers return home to Camp Randall for a 4:45 p.m. kickoff Saturday when they play host to Penn State (2-1) in both teams’ first Big Ten Conference game. The competition will be carried live on ESPN.

Sourdough Biscuits Recipe courtesy Jean Cates and Sue Cunningham, Hartley, TX

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Medium
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 12 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: about 30 biscuits
User Rating:

4 cups Sourdough Starter, recipe follows
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
3 heaping teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 stick butter, melted
Special Equipment: 1 (16-inch) Dutch oven

Prepare the Sourdough Starter the night before. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Sprinkle yeast in the starter and stir. Add sugar and stir. Add salt and stir. Add baking powder and stir. Add oil and then gradually add flour. Place dough on a floured board and sprinkle more flour on top of dough. Flatten dough by hand and then cut with a biscuit cutter. Spray a 16-inch Dutch oven with non-stick cooking spray and then add a little oil to the bottom of the Dutch oven. Place biscuits in Dutch oven, being careful not to overcrowd them. Top with melted butter and set aside to let rise until wrinkles are gone. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Sourdough Starter:
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
4 cups warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
1/3 cup sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 raw potato

Dissolve yeast in warm water and whisk to combine. Add sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves. Add sifted flour, 1 cup at a time, whisking after each addition to combine. Peel, wash, and grate the raw potato and add it to the flour mixture. Place starter in a very clean, wide bowl, cover it with a towel, and let rest in a warm place overnight. The starter should be made ahead of time, even 3 to 4 days ahead.

A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.

thx kitty tactful yet forceful.

I understand people can feel very strongly about something they feel they are good at, and it may chafe them to see things run in a way they feel is less efficient or effective. Fine. But especially when you are relatively new, at least give everyone a chance to learn something about your personality before you begin to throw your weight around in what quite frankly was a beligerent (sp) manner. Just about everyone around here has had an opportunity to stick their foot in their mouth, make mistakes, etc...that's called being human. Let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya together, this is

your most obedient servant

Father James McQuarters