I came here to get one question answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel like i'm overpraising it. I've listened to every genre of metal and i've seen all kinds of metal bands play, and when it comes down to it metalcore bands put on the best shows, and they release the more memorable songs and it doesn't bore me like death, power, or prog might after a while of listening to it for a while.

No, you just dont belong here. Deathcore and Metalcore are very trendy(in a bad way). Can you explain to me how this is memorable.

How is annotations of a autopsy more memorable then death's crystal mountain? Please go to the hot topic forum and blow your self.

metalcore and metal are both just as trendy, i'm sure more kids have listened to death than annotations of an autopsy.

You are not getting what trendy and popular mean. Trendy is what is cool. Deathcore will be gone in a year. Death though has been around since the 80's so of course they will have more fans.

You really dont understand metal and you look for the easiest thing to listen to.

why does everyone hate Trivium so badly?

Because Matt Heafy's vocals are AWFUL, and they say things like:
'Fuck metalcore, we're for real!'
and
'Trivium, destroyers of false metal!'

If I want to listen to a Metallica cover band I'll listen to Mentallica. At least they don't pretend to be original.

Plus they're here to ride bike and make wands out of Opeth.

perhaps deathcore will be gone in a year, i doubt that would stop me from listening to it

i'm sure in the 80's people listened to death and said the same thing, the fact is that i dont give a fuck if its a trend or not, i dont listen to music to be cool, i listen to music that my ears enjoy, and i listen for talent in bands,not because of the trends, if i did that i'd probably be bragging about heavy heavy low low, or some shit. i dont listen to deathcore because other people enjoy it, i listen to it because i fucking enjoy it.

perhaps deathcore will be gone in a year, i doubt that would stop me from listening to it

i'm sure in the 80's people listened to death and said the same thing, the fact is that i dont give a fuck if its a trend or not, i dont listen to music to be cool, i listen to music that my ears enjoy, and i listen for talent in bands,not because of the trends, if i did that i'd probably be bragging about heavy heavy low low, or some shit. i dont listen to deathcore because other people enjoy it, i listen to it because i fucking enjoy it.

lol OAR. what a shitty band. my preppy annoying cunt sister listens to them.

Well, of course every genre has great artists for each (except Emo and Nu). I mean, take Melodeath for example. There's a bunch of melodeath trash these days, but you got some artists that make Melodeath enjoyable (Dark Tranquillity, This Ending, Arsis, etc.) Also, Power Metal is considered pretty fucking cheesy by bands like Dragonforce, but bands like Communic and Sonata Arctica make Power Metal less cheesy and certainly a little more straight.

Same can be applied to Metalcore, it's not all As I Lay Dying. Heaven Shall Burn and Between the Buried and Me are some pretty damn good metalcore bands. Hell, I find God Forbid a bit enjoyable. Killswitch Engage and Caliban had some helluva good early records until they started sucking (around 2004, mostly). Metalcore was a lot better back then, when it was referred to as "Crossover."

If it's one thing i'll agree with, is that you should listen to music you enjoy. That is very true, I listen to music I enjoy. But by the same token, people here in this topic do too, right? Everybody has different tastes, that's why we feel that Metalcore isn't the best genre in DA UNEEEVURRRRRSE.

Well, of course every genre has great artists for each (except Emo and Nu). I mean, take Melodeath for example. There's a bunch of melodeath trash these days, but you got some artists that make Melodeath enjoyable (Dark Tranquillity, This Ending, Arsis, etc.) Also, Power Metal is considered pretty fucking cheesy by bands like Dragonforce, but bands like Communic and Sonata Arctica make Power Metal less cheesy and certainly a little more straight.

Same can be applied to Metalcore, it's not all As I Lay Dying. Heaven Shall Burn and Between the Buried and Me are some pretty damn good metalcore bands. Killswitch Engage and Caliban had some helluva good early records until they started sucking (around 2004, mostly).

But calling a genre like Metalcore, when there's more horrible artists than good artists, the best genre in metal is, in my opinion, misguided.

I get what you're saying, and for the record i think as i lay dying is fucking horrible, i try to stay away from the shit like that, i listen for the talented metalcore bands, not the ones that think breakdowns are a gift from god.

Gold, nobody that hasn't already said anything good about metalcore is going to. A lot of people that hate metalcore are just stubborn assholes...Yeah, it's a blanket statement but I think it holds pretty true. Most people that I see hating it are people listen exclusively to old school death metal; they're just grumpy because they hear modern metal and pretend it sucks in order to stay tr00 and kvlt :)

Hoho

here's the thing that pisses me off about metalcore and such... their music isn't directed towards fellow musicians; musicians can see through it. instead, they follow simple and over-copied formulas that can gather a fan base of millions (of young, stupid people) overnight. they maintain popularity through intense marketing just long enough to strike it rich, then disappear.

is this untrue?

here's the thing that pisses me off about metalcore and such... their music isn't directed towards fellow musicians; musicians can see through it. instead, they follow simple and over-copied formulas that can gather a fan base of millions (of young, stupid people) overnight. they maintain popularity through intense marketing just long enough to strike it rich, then disappear.

is this untrue?

Powerman 5000, anyone? :lol:

Ok let me explain to you how very gay you and your bands are in picture forum.

Bring me the Horizon. I band in your last-fm.

Obituary.

Notice how your band looks like the want it up the asshole.

This is a Bring me a Horizon lyric.

and sweetie, i've got to say
that I'm really not worth the time of your day.
i guess when when we left each other for the first time
we didn't think goodbye would be our new favorite line

This is a Morbid Angel lyric.

Ghouls who pray the death of god
Destroy Jehovah's church
Vomit upon the cross
And burn the book of lies

I think thrash metal fans did not react the same way as we are with deathcore Ok?

Ok let me explain to you how very gay you and your bands are in picture forum.

Bring me the Horizon. I band in your last-fm.

Obituary.

Notice how your band looks like the want it up the asshole.

This is a Bring me a Horizon lyric.

and sweetie, i've got to say
that I'm really not worth the time of your day.
i guess when when we left each other for the first time
we didn't think goodbye would be our new favorite line

This is a Morbid Angel lyric.

Ghouls who pray the death of god
Destroy Jehovah's church
Vomit upon the cross
And burn the book of lies

I think thrash metal fans did not react the same way as we are with deathcore Ok?

they may be dressed like fags, but at least theyre gettin laid. obituary aint got shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.