I came here to get one question answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost always avoid bands I don't like, and I don't see any reason to make it a life goal to express hatred for a band that has had absolutely no impact on my life. I just don't see the point.

However, I generally dislike metalcore or anything with 'core' attatched to it, the style is very much incompatible with my taste in music. The vocal style is what turns me away most, but also the thin guitar sound, and band images etc. Also I find metalcore bands typically attracts naive and ignorant fan bases and seems directed towards audiences that I have nothing in common with.

nothing wrong with metalcore or deathcore, its better than many other metal sub-genres
I can often enjoy certain deathcore bands, and some metalcore is alright. As long as its not that realy shitty punk screaming vocal style and there is at leaste some tastefull guitar. But it is realy hard to find good metalcore.

metalcore has good bands... i dunno why many people just ignore some bands, like:

Heaven Shall Burn
Hatebreeder
Walls Of Jericho (the girl is awesome)
Agnostic Front (yes, the last album is metalcore)

off topic
Yes. Everyone stop talking about Trivium and watch this video:

...Csillagkohó. Everything connected to Kátai Tamás (Gort, Gire, Towards Rusted Soil) is cutting edge stuff, one of the best resources in metal today.

You might check new Gire interview right here.
back to the topic

Trivium is the future of metal (retro) and for some reason, a lot of people like to slag the off, no matter that they themselves live in pseudo-retro metal universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing wrong with metalcore or deathcore, its better than many other metal sub-genres

Full of shit you are
grin.gif

more memorable songs, more energetic live shows, more originality, more varied, doesnt get boring. although i'm a fan of almost all types of metal, metalcore is pretty much the best

Actually it's the worst, faggot.

I think if you're gonna say that Metalcore is the best genre in metal, then you might as well videotape yourself pissing on Celtic Frost, taking a gigantic shit on Agalloch's face, digging up Gorguts' corpse and skullfucking their faces to oblivion, and basically cutting off Death's dick and make them eat it (or you can eat it for extra shock value). There's no difference to the two.

I think if you're gonna say that Metalcore is the best genre in metal, then you might as well videotape yourself pissing on Celtic Frost, taking a gigantic shit on Agalloch's face, digging up Gorguts' corpse and skullfucking their faces to oblivion, and basically cutting off Death's dick and make them eat it (or you can eat it for extra shock value). There's no difference to the two.

haha then you could videotape yourself diggin up some graves, burnin down some churches and meditating to some my dying bride

Never said being a fan of Metalcore is wrong. Metalcore has it's share of good artists, but saying that it's the best genre in metal is kinda overpraising it...don't you think?

Never said being a fan of Metalcore is wrong. Metalcore has it's share of good artists, but saying that it's the best genre in metal is kinda overpraising it...don't you think?

I don't feel like i'm overpraising it. I've listened to every genre of metal and i've seen all kinds of metal bands play, and when it comes down to it metalcore bands put on the best shows, and they release the more memorable songs and it doesn't bore me like death, power, or prog might after a while of listening to it for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.